vB code

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Okay, I'm an idiot but how does one go about putting color, bold, size combinations together -I can do one but not multiples:retard:

Gonzo

Staff member
I have gotten it-what a pain, never mind

I was missing the slash:smash:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
There's also vB code buttons in the posting page... if you don't see them you can enable them in your options (user cp -> Edit Options -> Other Options ->
Use vBCode quick links on your message input screens?)

Once you have it enabled, there's a couple different ways to operate it. Normal mode is pretty much a sure-fire way of using spiced up text, because it brings up a prompt you type the text in, and you can't nest any tags unless you do it manually. With enhanced mode you get to do complex nesting of tags. (it is easy to get them ucked fup if you don't know how to use it though)

btw, for a listing of all the vB codes available, click here

Of course, if you've memorized them all (like me :smash: ) you don't need the vB code links and just type them manually. Or use HTML, where you can do neat stuff like <table><tr><td style="filter:glow"><font size="2">glowing. :D</font></td></tr></table>

brainsoft

Co-founder/alumni
Code:
<table><tr><td style="filter:glow"><font size="2">glowing. :D</font></td></tr></table>

edit: Shit, i thought that code could be used to post code, but nope! wtf

flavio

superfly
Staff member
<table align="center" width="200"><tr>
<td align="center" colspan="2" style="filter:glow"><font size="4"><marquee>Whacky stuff!</marquee></td>
<td align="center" colspan="2" style="filter:glow"><font size="4"><marquee>Whacky stuff!</marquee></td>
</tr><tr>

</tr>

</table>

K

krusty

<table align="center" width="600"><tr>
<td align="center" colspan="1" style="filter:glow"><font size="6"><marquee>flavio is da bomb smarty man!</marquee></td></tr></table>

Gonzo

Staff member
look, I just figured out the easy stuff-

Enough Showing OFF

fury

Administrator
Staff member
PHP:
<table>
 <tr>
  <td style="filter:glow">

<font size="2">glowing. :D</font>

</td>
 </tr>
</table>

ignore the PHP part of the above, I had to use the PHP tag to show it instead of interpret it.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
By the way, filter:glow only works on IE browsers. Others will just see plain text.

If you want to see some mad h4x0r action with glowing when you mouse over the links, check out my <a href="/fury">home page</a>

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks.

It doesn't have much content, though, but it's cool...

I need to add some more neato effects to it so people will be sitting there in awe at how cool it looks and just forget about it not having content :D :smash: