Something to think about from a friend

S

s4

Originally posted by flavio
dammit, you quoted me and then didn't answer the question :confused:

I did not explictly answer the question, no. It is a matter of the circumstances. If someone had signed up as Satan we might not have thought much of it but we probably would not have banned that person. Under normal circumstances, we would not be as emotional.

You got to understand this tragedy is only a week old and at the time Sin2 made his post it had been less then a week. The horror of it all is fresh on our minds and the saddness-anger is very strong. He was trying to use that name during a very tense period of time.

You have been a true friend of Sin2. You stuck up for him all the way. I agreed with the others to lift the ban once we found out who it was. Sin2 is more than welcome to come here and tell us what he thinks about this. Some people will probably still be mad. I am willing to listen to what he has to say. Let Sin2 speak for himself if he has a point to make. He is not banned that I know of. It was lifted later that night when he was first banned and a few of us were hoping to hear what he had to say giving him the benefit of the doubt.

If you had read my other post, you will see that I think emotions are running high here at Xibase. I think it is that way everywhere. People are upset and have a damn good right to be. The whole foundation of our way of life has been shaken, and the future is at stake. I support the actions of our leaders 100% in defending our country.

I'm tired of this. If Sin2 wants to talk, let him speak. If not, let's get on with trying to have a good bbs we can all enjoy.

flavio

superfly
Staff member
I believe the matter with Sin2 is settled now. Not sure if he'll come back, but it's over now.

I was just trying to think of other usernames that could get you banned. Besides profane ones.

Jeff Dahmer, Hitler, Manson.....not feeling too creative at the moment.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Since Satan is a matter of opinion & faith, not fact, I would oppose a ban on that name. After all I am the censorship fighter when I'm not eliminating terrorists. There are few names are beyond reproach & have no place in the civilized society. Hitler is a prime example. The only thing that name does is draw outrage & disgust. Manson, though stupid-never actually DID anything. Hey, how about the Menendez Bros, there's a couple of winners & somebody I'd like my friends & family to emulate.

Some usernames are ONLY used to create hate-that's where the line should be drawn.

S

s4

I'm sure if a guy wanted to think up some that there are some others that wouldn't go over too well. Outlaw once tried to use Timothy McVeigh on another board, and they didn't allow it.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
sin2=(expletive). I could use harsher terms but you have noticed he has not posted once since Tuesday, but he keeps PM'ing me to all end. Trying to defend what he did.

I can't believe I used to fight beside you...

BigDadday

Everday People
Why not put this thread to rest and if he wants to come back and explain fine but to still go on about that name is just doing what it was intended I think and that is to stir up the forum.We all have opinions and feelings and we are voicing them but I know I have never went to a board and signed up other than my BD and even if you did so be it but that is another topic and thred as well.

God Bless America and all our friends!