Scooby Doo Movie isn't really family fare

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
I think it looks awful, yet it took in $56 million opening weekend. Now for the fun stuff:

In the new film "Scooby-Doo," a psychedelically painted van marked "The Mystery Machine" sits beside a beach while smoke wafts through the sunhatch and voices from inside groan, "Primo!" and "Talk about toasted!"

As for the other members of the "Scooby-Doo" gang of cartoon sleuths, fans have long speculated that Velma — the no-nonsense brains of the operation — is a lesbian, and that Fred and Daphne, the respective beefcake and cheesecake of the team, frequently searched for clues together to partake in carnal exploits.

The original script featured a scene in which Fred gazed lustfully at Daphne while she leaned over him to load luggage into an airplane's overhead bin. The camera then panned to Velma, who was ogling her too.

Later, Velma and Daphne shared a comic kiss, Gosnell said. The filmmakers say they believe those jokes would have hampered the story and could have imperiled the PG rating that the studio wanted and got.

Another deleted scene featured Fred attempting to talk his way into Daphne's hotel room under the pretense of protecting her, Roven said. The ratings board took issue with the fact that he was bringing his toothbrush, which implied plans to spend the night.

Those deleted scenes are unlikely to turn up even on the "Scooby-Doo" DVD, a format that frequently showcases unused footage. Warner Bros. would have to alert parents to the presence of PG-13 scenes on a PG home-video release, Roven said, something that could frighten away some family consumers.

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
Evreytime my little guy saw the ads for this movie he would go nuts so, my wife took Jake to see this movie on Saturday and he lasted about 1/2 hour into it. Too scary for him.

S

s4

I can't believe they would ruin Scooby Doo. That is un-American.