Ride Manufacturer: Woman Was Too Big

S

s4

[QUOTEURL=http://www.guardian.co.uk/uslatest/story/0,1282,-1261178,00.html]
LOS ANGELES (AP) - A woman who fell to her death on a water ride at Knott's Berry Farm last month couldn't be belted in properly because she was too big for the ride, the manufacturer said.
[/QUOTEURL]

I guess SlimFast is out of the question.:(

patweb

Eater of Hot Peppered Steak
Looks like poor Knotts would have been sued either way.

Discrimination or Wrongful Death. What a wash.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
What a sucky way to die...buuuut they're right, if they would have set a weight limit somebody would have sued tham for discrimination. I'm sure all those rides say ride at your own risk.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Originally posted by s4
[... couldn't be belted in properly because she was too big for the ride, the manufacturer said.

So why the hell did they let her go on it then? Stupid punk ass teenagers. Still, she should have known better.

S

s4

There is no way that woman should have been let on that ride if the belt wouldn't go around her. They should have had a sign saying what the weight limit was. It's their fault for not looking after her safety and hers for being stupid enough to get on it knowing she was too fat.:(

I am not being insensitive to fat people because I am quite the porker these days myself. I know what it means to be fat, but even as fat as I am there are limits to letting yourself get grossly fat like in the 400-500 pound range. Eating half of a cow each day is not cool.:laugh:

75renegade

Official Wine Taster
I wouldn't 'ave been jus' concerned fer 'er safety......what 'bout the safety of the other patrons she could've fallen on??:scared: