Problems?

BigDadday

Everday People
Problem ... Just reformated my puter and reinstalled the os but when I go to change the settings from 641 X 480 pixels to 800 X 600 I cannot do it? I have a Voodoo 3dfx card and I installed it now what? BD

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
What OS are you using? anything after 98se prolly wont work correctly.

S

s4

Just install the driver from the cd, BD. I am using a Voodoo 3 3000 on Win Me, and it works ok.

BigDadday

Everday People
I have the win me in and the color is fine as I can go to whichever I want but I cannot go to the 800x600 it is stuck at the lower one?

S

s4

It wont be able to switch without the driver installed. I am using 800x600, 32 bit.

S

s4

Sorry for repeating myself so much. I should have only posted once in this thread and went on. I now see the errors of my ways and wont do it again.

S

s4

You might try going to 800x600 in 256 colors first and then try increasing the colors from there. See if it will even do 800x600 with few colors. I had a card that would only do 800x600 in 24 bit.

BigDadday

Everday People
It moves in 16 but when I resatart it no go as it shows 256 and the same old ones?? Any more ideas as that was a good one.

BigDadday

Everday People
This did show this pixel before and I should have just imaged the darn drive but I threa a new one in and never did just went and installed.

BigDadday

Everday People
I tried a reformat to no avail and just did a copy of the hard drive I replaced as I wanted to do a fresh install but this works fine so I'm happy now.;) Thnx all!