Power Supply

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
If I do my upgrade & get the Soyo K7VTA-pro I'm looking at & get a 1GB or hgher processor, I'll need to put more than 250w on this ATX. Any suggestions that won't break the bank? say, under $75. or is that unreasonable.

AMDnut

Eee equals emcee squared...
A low cost 300w would be highly suggested Gonz. You may get by with a 250, but 300 will ensure no troubles.

As for a good PS, Antec makes some of the best and low cost as well. You can get one of the best PS here: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=manufactory&catalog=58&manufactory=1516&DEPA=1

Take your budgets pick! I would go for the "True 330w" for $50 plus $7 shipping. NewEgg is really a good place to order.

If you want to get something local, call Stone Computer here in town, they carry Antec in stock but are significantly higher than ordering from NewEgg, even with shipping. But, if something goes wrong, you can take it back easier at Stone!

Here she is......... ain't she a beauty!

Attachments

• true 330 ps.jpg
    true 330 ps.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 21

AMDnut

Oh yeah, I'm running the "Original 300w" at the top of the list for $40. It has been flawless for well over a year now. It came with my Antec case. I've been thinking of replacing it, but it's like the Energizer bunny....... no matter how much I load on it, it keeps going, and going, and going!!!

Good luck!

AMDnut

Your welcome!

Yes, Stone is a bit high! But they do have a deal or two sometimes on the "bargain table" where the "slightly used and refurbished" items are.........