Ok so im...

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
OC'ing the 1.6. Its up to 1.8 right now. I took it to 2.0 but it didnt want to even boot up. Could have been that i was oc'ing the video card at the same time. So i took it down to 1.8 and then the thing wouldnt make it thru 3dmark2001se. So im gonna try it a little at a time. and see what happens. :)

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Argh, it locked up at 1.8 Im hoping this was just a fluke.. This tyan board isnt the best thing for OC'ing. not very many choices to make with it.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
im gonna look for a few site on ocing this board and see if it can be done. and be stable at the same time.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Overclocking

This motherboard allows a good overclocking. It uses the ICS 950901BF clock generator, that allows the configuration of the bus clock at 1 MHz steps up to 132 MHz. Remember that the Pentium 4 local bus runs at 100 MHz and not at 400 MHz as it is said. The fact is that this processor transfers four data by clock tick, the opposite of the previous processors by Intel, where only one data by clock tick is transferred. Therefore, this processor operates "as if " it were at 400 MHz.

We managed to put our Pentium 4 of 1.5 GHz running externally at 114 MHz, that is, 1,710 MHz internally. A good brand that, however, does not surpass the incredible mark of the Asus P4S333

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sure this is a stupid question, but have you tried raising the voltage?

How are you cooling that wimpy little thing, btw?

Justintime

Something
is this a Northwood or willie? mines at 2.6GHz (2.2)
if uts an N wood and its not the board, thats the worst core i've seen :eek:

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
It is a nwood, but the board doesnt allow for much of any changes. Its a meanie. Just using that globalwin HSF. Its supposed to handle it. :mad: