Oh the weather outside is frightful ....

nalani

blahblahphreakingblah
It's still raining outside ... it looked like it was going to clear up a bit but alas, it's still raining ... and this song has been stuck in my head since I got out of bed this morning .... just thought I'd share :)

nalani

blahblahphreakingblah
fury - I'd have a better chance of hell freezing over before I waited for it to snow here and sing that song :D .. it actually does snow here - on the summits of the mountains ... where else in the world can you go skiing then two hours later be tanning at the beach? :)

Inkara1

The Highway Patrol started its annual PACE program in the central valley of CA last night... where a CHP car paces traffic through the 10-foot-visibility fog.

It's fog season. :(

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Fog is baaaaad. A couple years ago I was driving to Tampa before dawn, going the usual 75mph, with all the other cars and all of the sudden we were just in fog...it was the weirdest thing. I didn't know if I should slow down (and risk getting plowed into from behind) stay the same speed (and risk plowing into somebody who did slow down or just stop). I couldn't tell if any cars were next to me, so I couldn't pull over, and I doubt I could have found the shoulder without creaming a gaurd rail anyway. I gradually made my way down to about 25 mph and kept driving through it (hoping everybody else decided to do the same). It lasted about 5 miles, I guess and it was horrible. I'd rather drive in snow. I couldn't imagine having to do that on a daily basis.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Lemme see, NEO, FURY & I are in Indiana, Brock & BD are in Ohio, Fuser is in Toronto, some more are in Co, WI, MN, etc & You are in HAWAII---

I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ANY COMPLAINTS:smash: :D

Gonzo

Staff member
Originally posted by Inkara1
The Highway Patrol started its annual PACE program in the central valley of CA last night... where a CHP car paces traffic through the 10-foot-visibility fog.

It's fog season. :(

PACE sux. Though most drivers of "4-wheelers" seem to forget this slight oddity, it never fails to materialize. Whether in rain, snow, sleet, fog,, hail or sunshine-the road is still there, in the same place it was yesterday unless there was an earthquake of sufficient magnitude.

Inkara1

Originally posted by Q
Fog is baaaaad. A couple years ago I was driving to Tampa before dawn, going the usual 75mph, with all the other cars and all of the sudden we were just in fog...it was the weirdest thing. I didn't know if I should slow down (and risk getting plowed into from behind) stay the same speed (and risk plowing into somebody who did slow down or just stop). I couldn't tell if any cars were next to me, so I couldn't pull over, and I doubt I could have found the shoulder without creaming a gaurd rail anyway. I gradually made my way down to about 25 mph and kept driving through it (hoping everybody else decided to do the same). It lasted about 5 miles, I guess and it was horrible. I'd rather drive in snow. I couldn't imagine having to do that on a daily basis.

I drove 60 miles like that once, right at the end of last year.

Gonzo

Staff member
Originally posted by fury
I'd be scared shitless if I had to drive in fog. :scared:

Then do all of us a favor who have to drive in it-DON'T. Being scared to drive is more dangerous than the fog itself.

Inkara1

Yeah, it's a bit scary but it could be worse. Caltrans picked a type of road paint that reflects very well through the fog, so that helps navigation imminsely.