Netscape6/6.01 Sucks

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Just downloaded it to see & it is SLOW & cumbersome-are they trying to be AOL\NetscapeIE:mad:

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Posty!!! there you are...we desperately needed your linux expertise last night. Is it possible to join an ICQ AL in mandrake?

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
There isn't a client that I know of that will work with AL's. I checked out Licq, KXicq, Kica, Centericq, etc..Nothing that I know of that will work with an AL. Bummer. One of the few eason I actually have a Windoers box still. Besides Diablo II that is. ;)

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
OH THANK GOD!! at least I'm not stupid (noone say anything here) I was going insane trying to help wine4all join the chat through the linux ICQ client. Obviously, it never happened :(

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
hehe. That was one of the first things I went looking for when I started trying ICQ clients on Linux. Hopefully Licq will have a version that supports them soon.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I prolly wasn't the best choice as far as tech support, considering I don't know one damn thing about linux, but hey! I gave it my best shot! :D

...and now I know one thing! linux icq lients don't support AL's, I shall build on this newly aquired knowledge. :)

Gonzo

Staff member
Exactly. I just installed Mozilla 0.9.2 & it's frigging nutscrape

I'll take ie6 for $200, alex:o

fury

Administrator
Staff member
wrong

Mozilla just looks like Netscape

the difference: it's a lot faster, and isn't going to get buttraped by AOL any time soon.

Gonzo

Staff member
it's slower than ie6 & didn't seem decidely faster that NetAOL6-impress me; I'd like to begin giving up MS asap:lurk: