MSI K7T266 Pro2 losing IDE Drive after cold reboot....help!

Hey all,

I just built me a new box, and it works kick butt. I however have one problem. If i simply restart the PC, all is fine. If I shut the PC down, and wait a minute or two before I power it back on, it can't find my IDE drive. So I then go into the BIOS and auto detect and it is fine again. It is like it's not keeping the setting.

Here is my setup.

MSI K7T266 Pro2
AMD Athlon XP 1800+ retail
Crucial PC2100 DDR RAM (2 - 256MB Chips)
Soundblaster Live 5.1
3Com 905CX NIC
GeForce 2 Ti 450 (Gainward)
20 GB Western Digital 7200 RPM HD
52X Sony CD ROM
8X HP 9100 CD-RW

I am at a loss. I don't wanna update the BIOS if all is well (if it ain't broke - don't fix it)

I have read the whole MSI manual that came with my MB (well most of it at least), and checked out their website.

Any clues? Every bit if help is appreciated :D

Thanks to all!

Peace

:beerchug:

Alright....I feel like a big goober!:retard:

On Some Western Digital Drives, if it is a single, you must remove all the jumpers. I had one jumper set in the master position. Little did I know that you only do that if it is a master with a slave present.

All is well and system runs great :rofl:

Oh well.....live and learn. Thanks for almost replying :D

Laterz :laugh:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
:smash:

I was gonna say have it auto-detect the drive at bootup, it would've been an extra few seconds wait, but it's shorter than going into the bios to detect it manually.

But since you already figured it out, I won't. :retard:

I do that (accidentally leaving a jumper on master when it's a single) all the time, more than I'd care to admit in fact :bigtard:

Looks like a nice setup, pretty much all of it beats the crap out of mine except the hard drive (for, I have a 60 gig IBM 75gxp, nah nah nyah nah nah ;p)

Justintime

Something
jokes on you :D i'd be scared to own a GXP 75 :D 5 dead uns, and bout 70% death on my clients machines. thousands possibly dying overall (even other models than those stated), be afraid, very afraid :p:p:p

s4,

Didn't mean to make you think that I was mad about peeps not replying. I just meant that I don't think I gave enough time for peeps to reply between my question and my answer :D :D

Anyway....hope you all have a good day ;)

Laterz,
-B4TMANN

S

s4

Don't worry, I wasn't offended. I used to know a lot about computers but haven't been following the latest tech because my system hardly ever has any problems. I suppose that I should bone up on it a little but am too lazy. :D