more blind than blind

kuulani

I just went to my eye doc to do a 6month checkup for my contacts ... and guess what. I'm blinder than I was 6 months ago ... blind enough for him to up the prescription of my contacts :(

I sit too long in front of a computer ... it doesn't help that my moniter is so freakin' huge and my face is a mere foot or so away from it. This screen can't move any farther away from me because the wall is in the way ...

unclehobart

this is my special title
See if you can get a flat screen monitor prescription. Tell your employer that you will be filing a workers comp claim and file an OSHA complaint for grossly unergonomic conditions which is aggravating your decaying eyes.

S

s4

Maybe you just need a smaller monitor?

I fixed the subject line...didn't think you would mind.

nalani

blahblahphreakingblah
*giggling cause although, as ku'u pointed out in another thread, I am in a cubicle and her work space has been enlargened (is that a word?) because of it, I have a brand-spanking-new 22 inch flat screen monitor ...but I am still blind .. don't know if I'm blinder than blind, but blind nonetheless*

alex

nalani said:
*giggling cause although, as ku'u pointed out in another thread, I am in a cubicle and her work space has been enlargened (is that a word?) because of it, I have a brand-spanking-new 22 inch flat screen monitor ...but I am still blind .. don't know if I'm blinder than blind, but blind nonetheless*

It's enlarged sweetie ;)

kuulani

:p to the both of you.

Anyway, I have blind issues 'cause i don't like being blind. It sucks having to wear contacts or glasses all time.

I seem like a snob when I don't have them on 'cause I don't wave at people 'cause I can't recognize them *sigh*

nalani

blahblahphreakingblah
kuulani said:

I seem like a snob when I don't have them on 'cause I don't wave at people 'cause I can't recognize them *sigh*

what? you mean you're not a snob???

:D:D

PsychoMark

^ bored.
I always thought that the TV was bad........it wasn't actually :(.

You'll get used to it, I think. Been wearing glasses since I was 8 or so, contacts for the last 3 years, always had bad eyes. But if you're not used to wearing them (or always had good eyesight), they're just annoying :D...

Btw, you really should get a smaller flatscreen monitor, preferably not TFT, a lot more relaxing for the eyes :)

I have had glasses since I was 10....after a couple of years my glasses were becoming really annoying, so I stopped wearing them. In the beginning I didn't see very much, at least not if it was more than 20 ft away...in the last 3 ~ 4 years of not wearing glasses, my eyes have really improved: I see better in at a distance.
But I'll always wear glasses when doing things like driving a car.

BTW, at least you can wear contacts, PsychoMark! I can't wear them: they are getting rejected by my eyes, because of a small metal splinter I had in my eyes 2 yrs ago...if I wear contacts, my visibility goes to 0 within 5 minutes :D
Really wierd!

Inkara1

I didn't get glasses until my senior year of high school. Then I wore them all the time, even at the computer. Two years later, I had to get stronger glasses because of that. Now I take my glasses off at the computer, and hopefully I won't need new ones for a while.

I'm sorry, I only have a picture of myself without glasses.... maybe you'll understand PsychoMarks comments a little bit better:

martin_again.jpg

[edit: Copyright 2002© by X²Software, original picture by Martin™]

greenfreak

I didn't wear glasses till 1995 when I started working on an AS400 terminal everyday for four years. (for those of you who aren't familiar with them-they were 14" screens with a black background and lime green letters-no mouse-everything was done on the keyboard so I got really fast at typing)

After 4 months of working there, I started getting raging headaches and finally realized it was my vision. My prescriptions have gotten worse and worse over the years and at it's height, I was getting a new scrip every 8 months. I haven't had to change it now since over a year ago because I now have a job where I'm not always in front of the screen, type type typing away. It saves alot of money, let me tell you!

alex

Although not required, I did get a pair of glasses shortly after I started contracting in Atlanta because I drove down there Sunday afternoon and it would be dark by the time I got into Atlanta. I then tried contacts but quickly gave up on them because my eyes were really dry and sometimes I could feel them fold up when I blinked my eyes.

kuulani

PsychoMark said:
Btw, you really should get a smaller flatscreen monitor, preferably not TFT, a lot more relaxing for the eyes :)

I wish!! Tell that to my cheap, crap-buying supervisor!!