Mopar muscle cars.........

AMDnut

Eee equals emcee squared...
Anyone here like Mopar muscle cars? I love the early 70's Plymouth and Dodge rides.
Challengers are my favs followed by Cudas..............

Attachments

• orange challenger.jpg
    orange challenger.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 51

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
I love cars from the 70's.

I just love the grill on this '73 Mach 1 mustang

Attachments

• eleanor_60-5.jpg
    eleanor_60-5.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 51

AMDnut

Nice!!!

I like the Mopar colors like the above Hemi Orange, Panther Pink, Lime-Glo Green, etc... and of course, my favorite, Plum Crazy Purple!!!

Attachments

• purple challenger1.jpg
    purple challenger1.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 50

AMDnut

But, the most exotic and rarest of the rare........... SUPERBIRD!!!

Attachments

• red superbird.jpg
    red superbird.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 50

AMDnut

As for grills, the Cuda is nice also.... (convertable even!!!)

Attachments

• cuda conv.jpg
    cuda conv.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 49
K

krusty

FM, thats actually a 1968 Shelby Mustang GT350 replica.... lol...not bad for an old kiwi boy eh?

I have a friend here restoring a '69 Dodge Charger, (Dukes of Hazard), just take the nose and tail off the superbird pic above and voila'

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
Originally posted by krusty
FM, thats actually a 1968 Shelby Mustang GT350

Really?

It's the one from the movie "gone in 60 seconds" and on 5 or 6 different sites they listed it as the Mach 1.:confused:

I did see the GT350 on another site and it had the same grill.
Still a beautiful car which ever one it is.

75renegade

Official Wine Taster
"Muscle"....(smilin')

Ahhhhhhh!......A man and 'is machine!
What could give 'im a greater sense of POWER an satisfaction?!!
Rock on wit it, Y'all! .......Love my lil '75 V-8!

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
1970 Dodge Charger
Performance: 426 Hemi V8 425: 0-60 in 5.5 sec, 1/4 mile in 13.9 sec @ 105mph.

Attachments

• dodge-charger-1970a.jpg
    dodge-charger-1970a.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 19

AMDnut

I'm not that knowledgable on the Mustang series.........

The Mopars were my loves. Wish I had some of my old cars back...

73 Plymouth Cuda (340) - my first car - $600!!!
72 Charger SE (318) - my second car - $900!!!
68 Camaro RS (327) - my third car - $2000!!!!

Could get mucho higher prices now as they were all in good shape and under 80,000 miles. And all had fresh motors!!!:D

These were common back in my high school days in the early 80's. A lot of us had Chargers, Dusters, Darts, etc. for our daily driver hot rods. Probably one reason I long for another one so bad. (Post adolescent dreams of high school days.....) ;)

Here is a little gem.........

Attachments

• green challenger1.jpg
    green challenger1.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 18

AMDnut

Nice one Gonz! With "hide-a-way" headlights too! My Uncle had a 70' Charger with a 440 six-pack that really rocked, although a tad slower than the Hemi'! But it was a real pain to keep the 3 - 2barrel carbs synchronized and running well.

Here is a sweetheart as well, 340ci w/6 pak. Notice the factory chrome exhaust tips in front (which is illegal in Indiana now) of the rear wheels.....

Attachments

• red challenger ta 6pk.jpg
    red challenger ta 6pk.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 18

Gonzo

Staff member
I had a cousin who raced the SuperBee. I loved that car & I was only about 8, so the specs are beyond me. I posted that pic 'cause it was close to the 'bee & I've never seen an old Mopar with working "hide-a-ways". They always broke by 1977-lol

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
Jumpin' off topic here, but this car is TOOOO sweet not to show.

Bugatti EB 18/4 Veyron.:eek2:

BugattiEB184.jpg

BugattiEB184rear.jpg

BugattiEB184inside.jpg

AMDnut

Hey Gonzo - Your right, by 77' they were not working anymore! I fixed a couple of sets, but the geared set up was the worst. Usually, they froze in the winter, then, the gears stripped opening them up! The geared sets were most prevalent on the 67' Camaro and were almost impossible to find parts for. The "other" type were opened by vacuum and usually just needed slight adjustments, tore apart and greased/oiled, and new vacuum hoses. Once you did all of that, viola!, they worked!!!:beerchug:

I remember the days..............

I agree Fuser Man, that is sweet! I also like modern "muscle" cars too, but part of the biggest joy for me was working on them. The new stuff is to difficult for me to do much with. Hell, I still change my own oil, brakes, shocks (when applicable), and a few other little things. But the internal stuff can't be done by us "backyard" mechanics much anymore. To much smog stuff!!!

Gonzo

Staff member
Along the "muscle car" idea, GM announced officially that the 2002 Firebird & Camaro will be the end of those lines. Maybe they need another Smokey & the Bandit movie.:scared:

Professur

Mushroom at large
General Motors Corp. said Tuesday it was closing its Ste. Therese, Quebec, auto plant, throwing some 1,400 people out of work after exhausting all avenues to keep the long troubled plant open.

The long anticipated closure of the 36-year-old plant likely brings to an end of an era of the once popular Firebird and Camaro muscle cars.

The future of the long-struggling plant, north of Montreal, has looked bleak for a number of years as demand for the once popular sports cars has waned.

Found here