Man wants computer chip with medical records implanted

S

s4

[QUOTEURL=http://www.nandotimes.com/healthscience/story/337965p-2805057c.html]BOCA RATON, Fla. (April 1, 2002 4:51 p.m. EST) - Jeff Jacobs' neck is fused to his spine at a slightly downward angle, making it painful for him to look straight ahead without leaning back. He takes up to 10 medications a day for a number of other ailments, and he has nearly died on several occasions.

One of his family's biggest worries is that he could become sick and unable to speak for himself in an emergency.

But thanks to a tiny computer chip that can be implanted in his body and scanned for personal and medical information, those fears may be eased.

Jacobs, his wife, Leslie, and their 14-year-old son, Derek, could become the nation's first family to be fitted with the device, called VeriChip. It is awaiting approval from the Food and Drug Administration.
[/QUOTEURL]

If this guy is taking 10 meds a day then he should have people take care of him whether it be family or other care.

I don't like computer chips being implanted in people. I think the first thing some asshole is going to suggest is putting them in babies shortly after birth. Then someone will suggest putting them in prisoners and mentally ill people. We do not need this nation to turn into a Communist state. However, I think this technology is one of the worst things that could be been invented.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Don't worry s4. If it ever became a mandatory thing there would be a black market.
Don't like what's on the chip they gave you? Get a different one. Buy one off the relatives of a dead guy with a nice clean record, trade chips with your dog, call up your local bootleg chip maker. Somebody will figure out how to erase the data or change the data or something. Then it would be total choas.
Hey Sarge? ya know that guy we got in the holding cell? Well, he's a 4 year old poodle named FeeFee with skin allergies.:scared::D

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
You're just a little backwards there S4. First the criminals, then the mental patients, then babies.:scared: