Mail help, pretty please :)

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
I used to use Netscape for my mail but have switched over to Outlook..... I can't open my address book and I can't import my mail from nets.

HELP!!!! :banghead: Please :)

S

s4

If you are trying to get to your mail from within IE, go to Internet Options under the Tools menu. Then choose the Programs tab to tell it which programs you use.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
Thanks.... isn't working though :(

I click on my address book in Outlook and the hourglass just keeps turning for forever and a day. Also, I can't seem to import my other mail. I exported it from Netscape and can't seem to import it.

GAH!!!!!!

S

s4

Make sure you have your pop and smtp servers properly written in the options that specify where the servers are.

It seems to me that your installation of Outlook has a problem if you can't even get the address book to open. I did some checking with the address book in Outlook Express 6, and it can import Netscape address books using Import under the File menu.

Copying the mail from one to the other shouldn't be too hard. Did you try dragging mail from one program into the window of the other? I know Outlook Express supports Drag & Drop, but am not sure about Netscape.

I gave up on Netscape several years ago.

AMDnut

Eee equals emcee squared...
Okay, try this.........

You should be able to "select all" in Nets. Highlight one of the e-mails and then "select all" from the Edit menu. Then, from the file menu, you should be able to "export" the messages as .eml files to Outlook, or, to a file on the desktop. If it is a file on the DT, open Outlook and choose "import" from the file menu. Then, point it to the exported file on the desktop. Should import fine. But, if I remember right, Nets will not import Outlook files. OL will import Nets, but not vice-versa....... (vice..... my only vice is......... we won't go there now!!:D)

Now, you should be able to do the same with the Address book. But, as s4 said, you should be able to open the address book without a problem. You might want to try a reinstall of Outlook first. Also, as s4 said earlier, check your server addy's as that will cause trouble as well.

Post back..........

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
I don't have the disk to reinstall Outlook...... is there another way I can reinstall it? Will it be somewhere in my HD?

If not... anyone wanna transfer it my way?

NOthing seems to be working.... so I think I will have to reinstall

:cry2:

AMDnut

Eee equals emcee squared...
Sorry hon......... I only have Outlook Express.

Which version of Outlook do you have? Maybe someone can throw it your way, but it is quite a big file.........

iron

I just did this from ie- my yahoo mail, to express a couple days ago, using a new mail as primary- I ended up saving all my e-ddresses from yahoo on my desktop as a .csv file- (comma separated values, or something like that), then booted express, clicked import, pointed it to that file that I had saved on my desktop, and voila, it worked- suprised the hell out of me...YMMV

:eh:

here's what I did, straight off Yahoo- sez it works for 2000, and I would suppose you could save your nets stuff as a .csv file? So kind of loosely substitute netscape for yahoo. I unno, you could try it- but there seems to be something wrong if you can't open the eddress book in the first place. Maybe a previous users password/user profile?

Goddamm- for some reason, I'm just wantin a double of whiskey pretty hard. Where did *that* come from?

To copy contact information from your Yahoo! Address Book to Microsoft Outlook 97, 98, or 2000, please do the following.
First, export information from your Yahoo! Address Book:

Go to the Yahoo! Address Book and make sure that you are signed into your account.
Click the "Options" link in the upper-right corner of the Address Book page.
Click the "Import/Export" link.
In the Export section, click the "Export Now" button next to the phrase "Microsoft Outlook."
When prompted, specify a convenient location and enter a name for the .CSV file in the "Save As" dialog box. (Be sure to remember where you are saving this file, so you can find it later.)
The Comma Separated Values (.CSV) file generated in the process above is readable by Microsoft Outlook.

Next, import that file into Outlook:

Open Microsoft Outlook 97, 98, or 2000.
From the File menu select "Import and Export."
Select "Import from another program or file" and click "Next."
Select "Comma Separated Values (Windows)" and click "Next."
Find the location and name of the .CSV file you wish to import or use the "Browse" button to select the file to import.
Select "Do not import duplicate items" (or one of the other options) and click "Next."
Select the Contacts folder and click "Next."
Make sure there is a check in the box next to the file you wish to import and then click "Finish" to import your chosen file.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
OH
MY
GAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It worked!!!!!!!

Only, I still can't access my address book so I put them in my contact list.... but it's still all good!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

:sex: :ladiesman

rae

oetkbbyetdia
bad idea having address books on hard-drive. especially with the new viruses out.:scared:

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
The only way to get those viruses is by opening them..... I am very cautious about those things and have avoided it them thus far :)