Just so you guys know

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
I'm going to be among the winners of the giant Powerball lottery; sometimes it pays to work for a huge company (no pun intended) Just wish I didn't have to share it with 200,000 people I don't even know...

Oh yeah, ;) Still, I could use the $$$. Anyone else playing? They closed down Greenwich, CT because of this Powerball nonsense today.

Stop Laughing

it isn't that funny!
Staff member
Can I have some, please? I need it to learn how to be a better beggar. :D

Are your odds better than 100 million to 50? ;) :D

unclehobart

this is my special title
GA bowed out of the Powerball like 2 years ago. I think the nearest state where I can get tix is like 500 miles away. Oh well.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
I think the odds are something like 80 million to 1.

Or in my case 79,999,980 to 1. :D

S

s4

[s4 puts on phony nice act with devilish grin]
Huge old buddy. Long time no see. Say I'll be over later.[/s4 puts on phony nice act with devilish grin] :spin:

DarkPrincess

One of a Kind
We just got it here and everyone is going nuts. A few years ago when it got huge, everydrove to Kansas or Nebraska somewhere to get tickets. it was crazy. You are more likely to get hit by lightning twice than to win that thing. I'll just play my little scratch tickets and get excited when I win my two bucks back. :cool:

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
Lottery tickets = voluntary tax.

I give enough money to the government, I'll be damned if I'm going to give them more.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Originally posted by Fuser Man

I give enough money to the government, I'll be damned if I'm going to give them more.

I concur. I believe the lottery to be a "stupidity tax"-when the odds are(for Powerball)80, 000, 000:1, you'll be hit 3 times by lightning & run over by a Gay Greek German Trailways driver with an Asian accent on his way to a Rolling Stones concert in the Outback on the 29th of February before you win this.

To those who say-"you can't win if you don't play" I say this-I've never lost a dollar on the lottery, so I'm already ahead.

Good Luck, Huge :shrug:

br0ck

Originally posted by Fuser Man

I think along those lines, but mine goes:

Lottery = Tax on the stupid

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
Originally posted by Nix
Fuser dear, here in Canada we don't have lottery tax...

You miss understood. What I'm saying is if you buy a lottery ticket, you're giving the government money, hense "voluntary tax". I know we don't pay tax on lottery winning and we don't pay tax on any prizes (car, house, boat, stereo....) because we have to answer a skill testing question.

S

s4

I buy a few once in a while for the heck of it. The last time I won was in 1980's and it was only $46 on 4 numbers. I prolly spent about that since cause I don't buy 'em often. If I ever did win, I'd settle right here in good old hicksville and have a lot of fun. :lurk:

br0ck

Originally posted by s4
I buy a few once in a while for the heck of it. The last time I won was in 1980's and it was only $46 on 4 numbers. I prolly spent about that since cause I don't buy 'em often. If I ever did win, I'd settle right here in good old hicksville and have a lot of fun. :lurk:

Don't laugh, there is a town called Hicksville not to far away from here. :D

patweb

Eater of Hot Peppered Steak
The FUNNIEST thing I heard is that in the last PowerBall 80% of the possible number combinations were bought and STILL NOBODY WON!