Jumbo Genes

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
:eek2: I just got a 126AA....and it had an error in the very first sequence :mad:

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Get ready for more. Stanford putting them out up to 150 AA's starting this week.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I heard. I still have a 66aa on the k6 2-500...wonder if I'd be better off no-netting that guy for a little while....any thoughts?

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
*JUMBO GENE UPDATE*

They're all broken, I think.

T-bird #1 (126AA)...bad sequences 1,3 and 6...TURNED ITSELF OFF ON SEQUENCE 10 :mad:
T-bird #2 (140AA) error on sequence 2
compaq is nonetting till they fix this damn thing.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad::mad::mad:

several complaints at OCN

fury

Administrator
Staff member
My Duron encountered a 100something AA unit and crapped out an error after every sequence. I cleared it after 5 sequences of the same thing and it is now happily crunching away on a 66aa

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
According to the newsgroup, a bunch of the first biggies were unstable. Clear it and get a new one, they're supposed to be fixed now.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I let that one run through. The 126aa. Just to see what would happen. ( I really wanted to see what kind of credit I would get). Well, in about a 36 hour period I only got credit for 1 gene. from all three machines. :mad: But I read where someone else noticed the same thing and Stefan said it could take 24 hours for the stats to update. Sometime between midnight and 6am, my time, I got credit for 136 wus, so it appears I did get credit for the monster, but I lost track of how many regulars uploaded, so I don't know how much I got for that one.:(

fury

Administrator
Staff member
They're fixed now? Great to hear... It's been a while since I've seen anything bigger than 72, now I'll finally be able to have my T-bird do something that won't take less than 6 hours :D

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Actually, it appears that they've throttled back to between 30 and 100 AA's per gene, at least for the next month or so. I am seeing a wider variety on my machines, though.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
me too....I didn't check the gene size, but I only got 9 units for one last night....musta been about a 3aa:retard: