Interview with Paul McCartney

S

s4

[QUOTEURL=http://www.vh1.com/thewire/features/mccartney/]
It's hard to believe that Paul McCartney was only 29 when the Beatles broke up; at an age when many of us are just figuring out our lives he was leaving behind the most successful rock band in history and starting anew. Few thought it was possible to follow up the Beatles, and many were reluctant to give McCartney the credit he deserved, but it's hard to deny that the sunny songs that were Wings' signature helped define what we now consider the "sound of the '70s." The surrealist suites "Band on the Run" and "Jet" showed that catchy hooks were even more effective when linked together with a wink and a nudge. "My Love" reiterated Paul's deeply romantic nature; "Silly Love Songs" was unabashed in its support of its subject matters, innocently asking, "What's wrong with that?" With nine No. 1 hit singles and seven No. 1 albums to the band's credit, this "second act" has a track record many rock stars would kill for.
[/QUOTEURL]

He sounded great on tv during the live concert on VH1 last Saturday. I always enjoy a spirited rendition of "Let It Be". I was hoping that the other two Beatles would be there, but I guess it will never happen.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Ya know, I haven't really thought about a Beatles reunion is a long time. All the old rumors got people wound up a few times. but they never happened. I would never expect the band to reunite for even as long as a tour...but you'd think after all this time they could get past what ever it was that caused the break-up to do one damn concert together again.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Actually, they did work together to finish those 2 incomplete Lennon songs included in the Anthology album. And Ringo's done several things with Paul, including the ill-fated "Give my Regards to Broad Street" movie. But not George. :shrug:

Thanks for the link, S4. I enjoyed it.

unclehobart

this is my special title
A reunion is all but impossible without Lennon. Even George can't hack it anymore. Hes had 3 bouts of cancer over the last 5 years and he isn't shaking this last one. Hes lost tons of weight and getting incoherent. Don't expect the boy to make it another year.

flavio

superfly
Staff member
Paul was on haward Stern last week, it was a great interview. He met Ozzy Osbourne for the first time there too.