I'm back at 250 Vesey Street

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Also known as 4 World Financial Center and Merrill Lynch's North Tower. It feels weird to be back; most of my friends/co-worker's are still at Merrill's other building on Broadway and won't be back over here for a couple of weeks. The place where I used to pay $2 for a cup of coffee is gone, replaced by free coffee (for at least the time being).

More stuff later as I discover it...

br0ck

WOW! Say, is there a big difference in attitude around there with your fellow coworkers?

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Originally posted by br0ck
WOW! Say, is there a big difference in attitude around there with your fellow coworkers?

How so? At least on our (29) floor, the first shift got along extremely well prior to 9/11 and we still do (and I'm not just saying fellow coworkers; management/supervisors are also included).

We have a rack where DTP jobs go in when there is no one available; there were about 10 jobs from 9/11 in there when I got here this morning. It sorta feels like going down to Titanic. Time literally froze here for three months.

br0ck

So is clean up at the WTC site still going round the clock? When do they expect to clean most of the rubble up?

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Most of the rubble is gone; they're knocking down 5 WTC as we speak. But part of the North Tower is still up and I think they're going to keep it that way. I really can't see anything from here (since 3 WFC is in the way) but from what I saw from our other building, they've gotten rid of a lot of debris. I'm going to see how far I can get around lunchtime.

BigDadday

Everday People
Glad all is well for you and hope everyone can make the adjustments without that emotional feeling that I'm sure you all have,BD

br0ck

Originally posted by Huge
Most of the rubble is gone; they're knocking down 5 WTC as we speak. But part of the North Tower is still up and I think they're going to keep it that way. I really can't see anything from here (since 3 WFC is in the way) but from what I saw from our other building, they've gotten rid of a lot of debris. I'm going to see how far I can get around lunchtime.

Yes, report back. You've got your mission!! :)

S

s4

Yeah it's good to get the news first hand instead of on tv. Huge is our reporter on the scene. :beerchug:

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Not too much to report; a lot of the shops/businesses have closed up shop (not really surprising) around the area. I had to hike to find a deli. The Wintergarden Atrium has a lot of scaffolding inside it repairing the glass dome.

Still feels weird to be here.

br0ck

I just wish i visited the WTC towers when I had the chance. I'm kicking myself now not taking the time to visit them while in NY. :(

Kruz

Staff member
Originally posted by Huge
Not too much to report; a lot of the shops/businesses have closed up shop (not really surprising) around the area. I had to hike to find a deli. The Wintergarden Atrium has a lot of scaffolding inside it repairing the glass dome.

Still feels weird to be here.
BUT... you still found a deli. I haven't had good food since I left buffalo 5 years ago:D

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Depends on how you define good food. Talk to me, Kruz. I can setr you up with some barbeque that's about one step away from Godly.

trinity1

1 of 3
Hey Huge...welcome home...sort of.
So they are working on the Wintergarden Atrium in addition to everything else! I used to love to hang out there especially during the Christmas season. The way they used to have hundreds upon hundreds of Christmas lights streaming down from the disks that were suspended at the top of the atrium was totally breathtaking. I hope to go back and see that in the years to come. Keep us posted, my friend!:)

attachment.php

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Yeah..and I just heard they're evacuating G0; I don't know if we'll have to too but I'm leaving in 10 minutes anyways.