I need some Excel help, friends

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
Hey Guys & Gals,

I need some help from some of you Excel pro's, k? You see, I did something really stupid, I guess I was in keeping with my typical self :o Boss asked if I could do something with Excel and I said "Sure! No problem! I'll get right on it Monday" thinking "damn, how the hell do I do that? Buy some time, buy some time..." :banghead:

We have two spreadsheets that need to be updated regularly, only it's a pain in the ass to have to update both of them, it would be easier if there was a way for the second one to update automatically when the data is entered on the first one. They are different, but share the some info that is the same... am I making any sense?

Anyone know how to do this?

(Mod: I wasn't sure which forum to put this in... I just wanted lots of exposure...so you can move it if need be :) )

S

s4

I used to know how to do that. If I remember it can be done pretty easily, but my memory is not what it used to be. I'm sure some of the others can help more than I.

S

s4

awww...that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling:beerchug:

Now where are you Excel experts?

wine4all

SWM 40 seeking truth
It is no different than referencing another cell in the current worksheet. You must have both worksheets open and in the second sheet (the one which will receive data from the other) select the cell where you want the value from the first sheet. Then type = in the cell as if you were going to point to another cell on the current sheet but click "window" on the toolbar, switch to the first sheet and click on the cell which the data is comming from and hit enter.

S

s4

Oh thanks Winey...I was gonna install Excel...I use Wordperfect Office 2000.

wine4all

SWM 40 seeking truth
I believe the default "update" mode is automatic and you will be propmted if you want to update the links when you open it again.

Be sure to save your changes in the first document to ensure that your second document updates correctly.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
kinda racey.... remove if ya have ta

...sorry....... posting that pic just doesn't seem too cool anymore... what the heck was I thinking????

wine4all

SWM 40 seeking truth
Originally posted by Spirit
kinda racey.... remove if ya have ta

...sorry....... posting that pic just doesn't seem too cool anymore... what the heck was I thinking????

HEY... WAIT! I am the one who earned it and I didn't get to see it!:cry: e-mail me Wine4all PLEASE!