How long do you

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Leave your christmas tree up? This is the first year we are actually taking it down today.

S

s4

I haven't put up a tree since the mid 1970's. We gave up putting up a tree after I turned 10.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
I don't take mine down until January 7th. I procrastinate because I love the smell of the tree and the lights and the ornaments the kids have made over the years.

I keep the decorations up around the house too.

s4 - why did you *give up*? Where's the little boy in ya, hun'?

br0ck

Since us kids moved out the house about 5 years ago, mom and dad don't put up a tree anymore. I'll probably put one up once i get married or for sure when we have children.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
I'll probably yank it Saturday. After a couple weeks, it dries out to the point of being a fire hazard.

kuulani

My tree's still up. We'll take it down sometime before New Year's for the "traditional" New Year bonfire ... good thing we live on 10 acres :D

(Don't worry, we won't start any brush fires or anything, my brother-in-law's a fireman - who by the way, are the biggest pyros in the world!!)

S

s4

We always had a plastic tree. One year we just got tired of putting it up.

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
Neo, you're taking you're tree down on the 26th? Oh my!

We leave ours us until about New years.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
like i said, we usually leave it up, but the boys and the wife wanted it down so they would have more room in the livingroom.
You know drumsets and rescue heros need alot of room...

nalani

blahblahphreakingblah
Sometimes I take the tree down the day after Christmas so I can get everything put away before the New Year - don't wanna start a new year off with an unorganized house ... but this year, I don't know *shrug* ... I guess I'll take it down the same time as ku'u so we can have our Christmas Tree Bonfire ... WOOHOO!!! Yet another reason to party :D

Inkara1

They make rubber pads that you can put over the heads so they hardly make any noise. You might could buy those and make the kids put them on the drums at night. I'm not sure if they make them for cymbals too, though.