Harvard

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
The nations most prestigious school and most expensive (I think) has gone completely nutty. I hear the right wing radio talkshow hosts complaining all the time & figured it was more non-sense. Then, listening to a professor from there on the radio, it was confirmed, on a small leval at least.

When asked, point blank, "Are you a Marxist" he said, "No, not quite." "But", he added, "I do hate capitalism".

So, you are one of the highest paid professionals, in your industry, in one of, if not the highest cost school in America. You & your ilk have produced presidents-of companies & countries, Attorneys (not just lawyers), scholars, geniuses in many fields. Your school has one of the best reputaions in the world. You live in a country that was built & raised on capitalistic ideals. The same country that has produced some of mankinds greatest achievments, many of which were started in basements & backyards, then induced with Capital. It has given the world the richest & most generous people in history. It has produced power & wealth beyond our historical knowledge. And you despise the economic system? Are you stoned or stupid?

Am I missing something?

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Did you actually listen to this broadcast? What course does this guy teach?

Gonzo

Staff member
I heard him, discussing a new book...that is another topic altogether...I forgot the courses he's involved in, I'll find out

Gonzo

Staff member
"Abolish the White Race, page 30, September-October 2002, Volume 105, Number 1" Harvard Magazine. Derrick Bell.

He's an apparent former proffesor of Law.

excerpts:
"The good news is that there are now a host of writers and a growing number of courses and workshops designed to enlighten white people as to the real benefits and the great cost of their property in whiteness," writes former Harvard Law School professor Derrick Bell in his epilogue to When Race Becomes Real: Black and White Writers Confront Their Personal Histories, edited by Bernestine Singley, LL.M. '76 (Lawrence Hill Books, $26.95). Many of those engaged in this Herculean task are white, Bell notes, among them Noel Ignatiev, Ed.M. '85, Ph.D. '94, C.A.S. '95, author of How the Irish Became White and a fellow at the W.E.B. Du Bois Institute, who writes:

The goal of abolishing the white race is on its face so desirable that some may find it hard to believe that it could incur any opposition other than from committed white supremacists. Of course we expected bewilderment from people who still think of race as biology. We frequently get letters accusing us of being "racists," just like the KKK, and have even been called a "hate group." ...

Gato_Solo

He's just trying to stir up trouble. Nothing like a little controversy to sell books, and get rich on the capital. Not bad for a commie.