Happy 1st Day of Spring

BigDadday

Everday People
Of course us peeps in Ohio will be having a cold front hit and snow hitting us with at least 6 to 12 inches over the weekend BUT the winter is *cough cough* over.:D

greenfreak

It's been raining non stop in NY. We still need another 6 inches (of rain that is) to get rid of this drought though.

unclehobart

this is my special title
Damn pollen based headaches have arrived. Everything is starting to get that certain yellow haze.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Ft Wayne's first full day of spring wx warning:
A strong cold front will move through the region during the day Thursday...bringing much colder air and a chance for snow showers. Many locations will see their high on Thursday in the morning...with temperatures falling into the lower to middle 20s by late afternoon. Strong northwest winds of 20 to 30 mph...with a few gusts approaching 40 mph will occur behind the front.

Wind chills Thursday afternoon will drop into the single digits. As temeratures fall into the teens Thursday night...wind chills will range from zero to 10 below zero.

The northwest wind will also help generate lake effect clouds and snow showers...especially in the favored lake effect areas of extreme southwest lower Michigan and northwest Indiana. Up to an inch of lake effect snow is expected during the day on Thursday...with additional accumulations of 1 to 3 inches Thursday night. Winds will diminish and shift out of the west Friday morning...ending the threat for snow.

Motorists will likely encounter deteriorating driving conditions Thursday and Thursday night near Lake Michigan. Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio and other local media for further details or updates.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
greenfreak said:
It's been raining non stop in NY. We still need another 6 inches (of rain that is) to get rid of this drought though.

We need a hurricane's worth of rain to get over this drought. But we're up to 51% capacity (was 40% in January).

greenfreak

Green is my favorite color though! :D I would want my lawn to be green rather than that deep brown lawn that crunches when you walk on it. That's what it was like when we moved in-nobody had watered it for months.

Djcake

my days online are numbered
blah... it was almost spring here today...

I was walking down the street at about 11:20am and it was raining.. then all of a sudden BAMM.... freezing rain.. then snow all in about 3 steps :-(

BigDadday

Everday People
Ah greenfreak silly of me not to know. It's snowing here at the moment but it is mostly heading to the east I am thankful.