Greetings from Ground Zero plus one

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
I'm currently at 222 Broadway which is directly across from Trinity Church, the next block over from the WTC. I'm currently sitting in a 'war room' type environment with my colleagues, many of whom I don't know. As I'm typing this, I can see 1 Liberty Plaza, windows blown out but pretty much intact (although I know there is a huge gash on the side opposite of me). Although I'm 22 floors up; I'm on the eastern side of the building and can't see much from here but at lunch I plan to go outside and see what I can see for myself. It's still smoky down here even after days of heavy rain.

It was good to catch up seeing colleagues; hearing their escape stories. Even though our building was 'relatively' safe compared to others, the one sickening thing I did hear was I work on 29 in DTP; both on 28 and 30 all the bankers fled without saying a word to their DTP departments (our particular offices do not have any windows because they're located in the mid-section of the building. It was only by blind luck these people escaped.

I don't know how often I'll be able to log on; still trying to work out the kinks in our new setup here (surprised I have net access). But at least I'm not home with a thumb up my ass!

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Glad you're back at work....looking forward to the lunchtime update.
What about school...any word about that yet?

K

krusty

Good stuff Huge baby... Glad to see you extracted your thumb too...Pradeep tells me it hurts a lot to do that. :lol:

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
chubb said:
NE15 will meet Friday from 6-10:30 PM and Saturday from 9 AM-1:30 PM at Chubb's campus at Journal Square in Jersey City, NJ (Yes, that's twice a week). The building's address is 40 Journal Square and it is easily accessed by mass transit. Your best bet is to take the PATH train directly to Journal Square. The PATH can be boarded in New York City at 33rd St. (@ Broadway), 23rd St. (@ 6th Ave), 14th St. (@ 6th Ave), 9th St. (@ 6th Ave.) and Christopher Street. Path trains run frequent service to Journal Square.
If you are boarding a PATH train, please make sure it is heading towards Journal Square (JSQ). Journal Square will be the 3rd stop after Christopher Street (it is right after "Grove"). 40 Journal Square is a 2-minutes walk from the Journal Square transportation center.

Specifics, such as which classroom we will be in, are as yet undetermines, though I should know in the next few days (that is, _before_ our next session). Academically, we will continue pretty much where we left off (so make sure to have read all the way through chapter 9, inclusive, and try and get a start on chapter 11, Login Scripts, if you can).

#$%^#$%^. Classes getting cut from 3 to 2 and hours going up. Ugh. At least I won't have to commute during the work week (with the exception of Friday night) so that'll help some.

Still not much going on; they passed out little pins with the ML logo and the American Flag on it out to everyone.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Screw ups in scheduling, Friday commutes that take too long, thumb out of your ass....glad to see things are returning to normal Huge.

FIRE THE BANKERS

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
(doing this again; too many bosses flying around here)

I'm on 22; there's a cafeteria on 15 where some friends and I went to lunch today. The door opens and all I see are cops! Of course it makes sense but whoa! Anyways I pick up a coke and snag some window seats. It's one thing to see this on tv. I was able to inspect 3WFC and it might have to be torn down. Theres a big steel girder that impaled it on a high floor plus every single window is gone. Either 4 or 5 WTC (I forget how the numbers go) is totally gone, burned and smushed almost beyond recognition. Saw 7WTC crumbled into Vecey Street. It is really a sad sight; made one of friends almost burst into tears :(

More later.

(edit: not much else; im home & gonna to bed)

AMDnut

Eee equals emcee squared...
Huge, glad to see you are doing well! :D

I can't even imagine seeing Ground Zero upclose first hand. I've gotten teary eyed just from TV scenes.........

Keep posting whenever you can!