Feds: Kidnapped WSJ Reporter Dead

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
This certainly helps the cause :rolleyes:

Thu Feb 21, 9:59 PM ET
By RICHARD PYLE, Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK (AP) - Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl has been murdered, the State Department said Thursday. Pakistani authorities said a videotape showed him being killed by the Islamic extremists who kidnapped him a month ago.

Reaction to the announcement was swift. Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf ordered security forces to apprehend "each and every one of the gang of terrorists" involved in Pearl's killing. In Beijing, President Bush said "all Americans are sad and angry to learn of the murder."

"May God bless Daniel Pearl," Bush said.

Pearl, 38, was kidnapped in the Pakistani port city of Karachi on Jan. 23. The interior minister of the Sindh province, which includes Karachi, said the videotape "contained scenes showing Mr. Pearl in captivity and scenes of his murder by the kidnappers."

"The tape appears to be correct," said the minister, Mukhtar Ahmad Sheikh. Karachi police said no body had been recovered so far.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
I hope when they find the jerks that did this they get a slow and very painful death... :mad:

Yeah, the damned bastards slit his throat and filmed it. I can't possibly now the hell his (now widow) wife is going through....widow and 6 months pregnant...geez..unbelievable :(

I hope they find those jerks and DON'T put them to death, but let them spent the rest of their lives in jail; that's much more a punishment than the easy way of dying.
Confront them with the pain they have caused, although I doubt that they'll ever feel sorry for their actions.