Early Bird Specials

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
They lie to get us in the store. They cheat & say there are no more. The practice misdirection by placing the microwaves in toys. You can have those sales, girls & boys.

1st TRY & NEVER AGAIN

alex

Arrived at best buy at 4:30am, second in line. Got everything I went for. They were handing out tickets in the line for the big stuff. Here's what I got:

Digital Research 16x10x40 cd-rw : $29.99 after mir
2 256mb pc133 memory : $9.99 ea. after mir
110 spindle 16x cd-r blanks : free after mir
8 pack VHS tapes : $4.99 after mir
Lexmark Z13 color printer : $19.99 after mir
Shinsonic DVD player : $69.99 after mir

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO :spin:

Kruz

Staff member
Originally posted by alex
Arrived at best buy at 4:30am, second in line. Got everything I went for. They were handing out tickets in the line for the big stuff. Here's what I got:

Digital Research 16x10x40 cd-rw : $29.99 after mir
2 256mb pc133 memory : $9.99 ea. after mir
110 spindle 16x cd-r blanks : free after mir
8 pack VHS tapes : $4.99 after mir
Lexmark Z13 color printer : $19.99 after mir
Shinsonic DVD player : $69.99 after mir

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO :spin:
YOU SUCKKKKKKKKKK................. No really... I'm not jealous...really I'm not:smash: :cry2:

Gonzo

Staff member
Keep in mind, Kruz, padboy got up at 4:30AM-ain't nothing, worth getting UP at 4:30:eh:

S

s4

I got up at 5:30 and arrived at 6:45. I almost didn't get anything but was lucky to have found some memory that the salespeople had overlooked. I agree with alex. It was worth it. I am enjoying my new memory and performance increase quite a bit. I now have no swapfile crunching my hard drive.

Crabbleboys

Morris Dancer
You are lucky people. Here in the UK a sale normally means that one store in the chain ups it's prices for a month then the whole chain claims to be offering huge discounts. Yes that;s legal over here.:mad:
As for giving things away free, well for gods sake don't let our multiples hear that, you'll give them a heart attack:D
On second thoughts would you like their E-mail addys?

alex

I was rather impressed with Best Buy this year. They gave out maps that showed where all the hot deals were located. The checkout area was blocked off from the entrance so you pretty much could only go one way when you entered the store. All the stuff I wanted was sitting in the main isle around the store, except the memory, and then they herded you into the checkout area ziz-zagging thru the appliance area. They opened at 7:00 and I was out of there by 7:35. Of course being second in line helped tremendously:whip:

Prices here are always high, even with discounts....prices in the US are most of the time at least 30 percent lower than in The Netherlands.....

Oh well. You can't have it all, can you? :p

Gonzo

Staff member
I managed to get a cheap one after all. Samsung SW216 16x10x32 for $71 minus a $30. MIR. So, I'm back to burning:grin:

BigDadday

Everday People
Wanted to hit BB but the accident kept me in bed full of pills and pain so all I can say is :cry: :cry: maybe next year.BD:(