Do you think there is too much law in the country?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
You ever stop to think that we might have TOO many laws, rules, restrictions, etc in this country?

I do... I think there is way too many. Some of the things we used to enjoy are now restricted or less enjoyable because we have to make sure to avoid breaking any of the millions of laws that are placed on our backs.

Laws have crippled our lifestyle. What do you think?

greenfreak

I think there may be some silly laws out there but that alot of them were made because someone did something stupid and then used "Well there's no law against it" as their defense.

What specifically do you object to fury? (the indecent exposure law, I guess?)

unclehobart

this is my special title
At about the end of the Civil War, the entire national law library was about 8 books/2500 pages pages total. At the end of WW1 it was about 50 books. Now we have over 1000 books which represent the bulk of law in this country. Its well out of hand. There are tons of double standards and goofy redundancies. I recall there still being 30 some odd anti witchcraft laws on the Mass. books where public flogging and burning at the stake are the prescribed penalties.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
I'll add more to this later but for now-this-

there only needs to be one law & varying degrees of punishment, depending on the severity of the particular crime involved & then enforce the sumbitch:

Thievery, in all forms, is from this point illegal & punishable by the following conditions(which I won't speculate right now)...

thievery is defined as taking something that is considered of value from another without their express permission.