Dell closes down forever

dimme

hmm, that can't be true, especially with a news headline like this :D

Defiant Milosevic Eats Big, Sloppy Sandwich During Trial
milosevic_eats.jpg

flavio

superfly
Staff member
Heheh....of course it's true dimme. The Onion has been a trusted source of news for years.

BigDadday

Everday People
:cry: if it should happen cuz they are the best in factory bought puters I think,BD

Mine has been running good for 5 years and no problems.

S

s4

You really think some CEO is going to close up a major corporation with thousands of stockholders just because business is good? Think about it. Just what do you think the stockholders would do? What impact would this have on the stock market in general when tech stocks make up a major share of the market. The head of Dell couldn't close the company if he wanted to. I am sure there is a board that controls any decisions made.

I'm sorry guys but this story is retarded.

greenfreak

I was just on the phone with them today because the hard drive they sent me to replace a bad hard drive goes 'clunk-clunk-clunk' when you turn it on. Yes, I ran the diagnostics. Yes, every hard drive test failed. Can you say 'Refurbished'?

S

s4

I read that Dell recycles parts. If they get one back or something, they strip the machine and use the parts over. That was something I heard four or five years ago. I don't know if they still do it.

It would make sense.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Flavio, are you sure about your facts? the Drudge report says they are the most trusted news in the business;)...and that the Onion is bogus. :eh:

dimme ~ I didn't know we had those delicious sloppy sandwiches here in The Netherlands. I guess you only get the change to eat them while you're in court :D

greenfreak

They have a big yellow sticker on the outside of the boxes that they send out with 'replacement' parts that says something to the effect of "The items in this box may be refurbished". I read something in PC Magazine a while back about how the computer companies are cutting costs by automating thereby cutting jobs, or using refurbished parts, or having auto-responses to support requests by emails with standard solutions... I guess this is Dell's way of keeping costs down.

dimme

greenfreak said:
They have a big yellow sticker on the outside of the boxes that they send out with 'replacement' parts that says something to the effect of "The items in this box may be refurbished". I read something in PC Magazine a while back about how the computer companies are cutting costs by automating thereby cutting jobs, or using refurbished parts, or having auto-responses to support requests by emails with standard solutions... I guess this is Dell's way of keeping costs down.

and on the other hand they are selling their refurbished parts on their webpage, $130 for a P3 motherboard, refurbished.

And no doubt that they are making BIG bucks on this http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...=search.asp&icompatid=&instock=0&refurbished=

dimme

unclehobart said:
What'l it cost to overnight a single screw.... and has anyone actually done it for funsies?

I think someone at Hardocp ordered one screw for 5 cents once som time ago :D :D

BigDadday

Everday People
Not to mention that the prices on DELL puters are pretty darn reasonable and I wish I could afford a new one/Laptop if you know what I mean. BD