Concert prices

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
what the hell happened? wasn't rock n roll invented for the teen angst? The rebellious time when money was scarce & hormones were in high gear. Get your motor running didn't need a loan with collateral. I remember paying $8.00 to see Aerosmith. The $12. KISS ticket price was outrageous. I saw the US Festival for $20. Since when have ticket prices left the typically unemployeed teenage male & his date concertless? $25. is almost understandable due to inflation, but look at what the prices are for some local shows...

SAMMY HAGAR AND DAVID LEE ROTH: 7:30 p.m. June 2; Verizon Wireless Music Center, Indianapolis; $59.50, $49.50, $24.50; TM. On sale at 9 a.m.

LYNYRD SKYNYRD: 7 p.m. May 26; Star Plaza Theatre, Merrillville; $33; (219) 769-6600 or (312) 559-1212

BLINK 182 AND GREEN DAY: 7:30 p.m. June 14; Verizon Wireless Music Center, Indianapolis; $34; TM.

OZZFEST 2002: Featuring Ozzy Osbourne, System of a Down, Rob Zombie, Drowning Pool; 9:30 a.m. Aug. 13; Verizon Wireless Music Center, Indianapolis; $75.50, $60.50, $40.50; TM.

THE WHO AND ROBERT PLANT: 7:30 p.m. Aug. 25; Verizon Wireless Music Center, Indianapolis; $154.50, $79.50, $30; TM.

Are parents actually paying this for their kids? BS, are adults actually paying this????

LET'S TAKE BACK OUR MUSIC time to start a boycott of overpriced performances. If the ticket for rock gods is over $32.50, boycott. If the tickets for current hots are over $22.50, boycott. If the tickets are over $12.50 for up & comers, boycott. Festivals should never be over $40.

time to take back the music, (or steal more .mp3s)

US Fest Metal day lineup
Quiet Riot [12:10 - 12:50 pm]
Motley Crue [1:20 - 2:20]
Ozzy Osbourne [2:50 - 4:00]
Judas Priest [4:30 - 5:40]
Triumph [6:10 - 7:20]
Scorpions [7:55 - 9:10]
Van Halen [10:00 - midnight]

AMDnut

Eee equals emcee squared...
I agree Gonz! The prices now are ridiculous!!!:( I pass most up due to prices, even though this late in life I can actually afford them. That is the reason that I have a HDD stuffed with almost 8GB of MP3's (1650+ files) and that doesn't include my "Oldies" collection. I'm not paying them any more money than I need to.

On a lighter note, I did go see Quiet Riot a few weeks ago when they were in town here for $10 and it was worth every penny! A hell of a concert. Sounded as good as when they were at the Coliseum, and just as loud! BroadRipple Place got ticketed for noise that night too. Met the guys afterwards which was cool. Only took 17 years to do that!!;)

I'll be going to see Mike Reno and Loverboy this Thursday at Piere's which was $13, but I managed to get a free ticket from a buddy.

I think I paid $12 for Dokken a couple of months ago. Those are the prices that I am used to. Even as a kid, $18.50 was tops in the 80's for headliners. I think your prices are right in line.....

BOYCOTT!
BOYCOTT!
BOYCOTT!
BOYCOTT!
BOYCOTT!
:beerchug:

flavio

superfly
Staff member
I'm going to Coachella next weekend. It's a two day concert with around 60 bands. Tickets are $75/day or I got a two-day pass for $125.

In addition there aren't any cheap hotel rooms left in the area so we're staying at this place for two nights at $119/night. They have 8 pools filled with mineral spring water open 24hrs/day though, so it should be quite a party.

Add in gas for the 8 hour drive from San Fran to the Palm Springs area and beer/food and this isn't the cheapest concert I've ever attended.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
If you buy your tickets online through Ticketmaster, they whack you an extra seven bucks (courtesy charge) :rolleyes: ...courtesy to whom??:mad:

75renegade

Official Wine Taster
C'mon Gonzilla! :) Creed with Default an' some "newby" band at Vorizon, May Somethin'........Anyhow's if'n I had the right "someone" to go with, I'd rob Peter to pay Paul to be there! I like Creed.....besides, would you mind if it was YOU on on stage at that price? :)

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Sorry Renegade, I'm old schol. Rock n Roll is for the young & pissed off. The young & pisseds off can't afford to go anymore.

Actually, the artist has VERY little to do with prices, it's the promoters & labels that set the venue profits.