Catholics are lining up in hopes of upcoming funeral of Pope John Paul II.

S

s4

[QUOTEURL=http://www.theonion.com/onion3811/excited_catholics.html]VATICAN CITY—Their numbers reaching into the hundreds, excited Catholics are lining up in front of St. Peter's Basilica in the hopes of scoring a seat for the upcoming funeral of Pope John Paul II.

Sipping hot cocoa Monday while seated in a folding chair, Salvatore Bruni, 56, a Florence tailor, said he has been in line since Feb. 10.

"I don't know how much longer I'll have to wait, but whether it's five days or five months, it'll be well worth it," said Bruni from his position near the front of the queue. "This is going to be a funeral I'll never forget."

"The pope is a great man who has done wondrous things for the world," said Seamus O'Halloran, a Dublin pub owner who missed the Mar. 15 wedding of his nephew to avoid losing his spot in line. "So to have a chance to be there when they finally put him in the ground, man, that's something I'll tell my grandkids about. It is better than watching the World Series." He added the he and some of his friends have a bet on the exact time and date it will occur.

[/QUOTEURL]

Some people. :rolleyes:

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
#$^&*#$%!! I didn't even know that was from the Onion...

effing hangover...