Burger King made shoes?

nalani

blahblahphreakingblah
Ok - so me and my 14 year-old son have started to pack up our house (we're getting ready to move) and I come across this box that says "Nalani's Memories". He starts pulling stuff out - old books, pictures, cassettes, etc - then he pulls out these shoes and I scream "MY BK'S!" Now, if you're a child of the 80's, you will know what I'm talking about. Anyway, I grab the shoes and start telling him about the "adventures" I had in those high-tops .. the basketball games .. the breakdancing ... and I keep saying "I loved my BKs". Well, he looked at me really puzzled and asked "Burger King made shoes?" :D

Dang - what ever happend to British Knights anyway?

Inkara1

I remember the hubbub over them supposedly being a gang symbol because BK could also stand for "Blood Killers." Of course, the CD on the Colorado Rockies hat also means "Crips rule."

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
Those shoes were the worst looking shoes. they were still around in the early 90's and we had a ton of them at the Footlocker I was working at.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I had almost every color of converse high-tops made...they were cool! :cool:

nalani

blahblahphreakingblah
hey Q - I had almost every color Chucks you can imagine too! Only around here, no one knew them as "Chucks" ...

When we were little, we wore highly polished patent leather shoes all the time when we were out in public - my daddy was USMC Capt ... I think that's why I have issues with shoes ... I only wear sneakers :D

Hey - does anyone remember G.A.S.S. shoes? (I can't remember if it's one S or two) Kinney Shoe Store used to sell them.

Kruz

Staff member
Originally posted by Q
I had almost every color of converse high-tops made...they were cool! :cool:

Thats right Q.. in high school in the late 70's you had "better" be wearing Converse All Stars...... or else!!!:smash:

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I still got one pair of gray ones and the high top part that folds down is pink!
*Q proudly dangles foot off edge of desk displaying oooold sneakers* :D

wine4all

SWM 40 seeking truth
Q and I are probably the only ones here old enough to remember these from when we were kids...
Red Ball Jets

nalani

blahblahphreakingblah
You are so not gonna believe this ...

Originally posted by Q
I still got one pair of gray ones and the high top part that folds down is pink!
*Q proudly dangles foot off edge of desk displaying oooold sneakers* :D

My favorite pair was pink and the part that folded down was gray! :D