are you going to brave the lines shopping tomorrow?

B

Bubba

i looked at the suppliments and saw some great deals on computer stuff. i've also looked on the web and found that i wont save much over the prices on the web if i want to order something. the only thing i really need is a few things to complete the system i've been putting together which can be bought a little at a time.

are you going to brave the crowds on the day after Thanksgiving? i did last year for a 128 mb stick of memory, but i'm thinking it's not worth it.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
only to take advantage of teh price match at Best Buy. Otherwise, HELL NO! :D

B

Bubba

i'm not sure that i have the stamina required

last year i went to one place and it wore me out bad

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Yeah, looks like I might be at Best Buy an hour before daylight too. Wonder if I should bring a weapon? :D

B

Bubba

well, mission accomplished

i decided a printer would be difficult to get on the web cheap, so i braved the lines to get one...got a great deal on a Canon S200 for $34. i've been wanting a printer for a couple of months since my old one started running out of ink.

Gonzo

Staff member
I got my price match/MiR. Damned glad I did it the cheating way, lines were atrocious & the vidcard was sold out by 10am. The WD HDD/memory was gone too. I would have liked that but it wasn't worth the stupidity.

To those of you who brave these days-you're a better man than I.

B

Bubba

I actually went into two stores and got a couple of things. It wasn't as bad this year as last. I made good time and was home about 90 minutes after I started out. I didn't mind it too bad.

flavio

superfly
Staff member
Gonzo said:
I got my price match/MiR. Damned glad I did it the cheating way, lines were atrocious & the vidcard was sold out by 10am. The WD HDD/memory was gone too. I would have liked that but it wasn't worth the stupidity.

To those of you who brave these days-you're a better man than I.

The solution to that problem is to buy the stuff a few days before and then return/rebuy it on the sale day. Is that what you meant by the cheating way?

I didn't venture out until 7pm at which time there really didn't seem to be any more shoppers than any other day. My best deal was probably the 128MB SmartMedia I got for $10 after pricematch and rebate at Circuit City.

Gonzo

Staff member
I knew about the lower price on Wednesday, so yea, buy in advance to avoid having to get up at 4am & join the throng of die-hards. It was cheating because I had advance notice on the price. :D

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
You guys are a bunch of sick weirdos! :mad: :D

Anyone who does xmas shopping this early is nuts. It's always more fun 4-6 hours before Xmas day anyways. :scared:

B

Bubba

i wasn't doing Christmas shopping. i was trying to replace a computer that i sold back in October. i still need a couple of things to really make it complete.

flavio

superfly
Staff member
I needed some real space to replace the paltry 8MB that came with my new digicam.