Alpha Pal8045

Kruz

Staff member
The pal8045 is one of the best socket A coolers on the market right now... But it's HUGE!, A lot of people bought this cooler only to find out it didn't fit on there motherboard:scared:
This is where you can find out which motherboards are going to work with that big cooler...MotherBoards .
Now I'm Assuming that the Swiftech MC462 will also fit these boards as well (same size)

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Yeah, it should. I was just looking at these this weekend (one of mine is sounding unhealthy). That PAL8045 looks like a serious cooler.

Kruz

Staff member
I just wish there was someplace local to get this kind of stuff..
I hate online shopping.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Good luck. The place I buy most of my stuff only carries Globalwin. Needless to say, all mine were bought off the net.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
At least Globalwins have decent design. My local store only, and I mean ONLY carries [putridprojectilevomit]Thermaltake[/putridprojectilevomit]

Even worse, they actually think there's nothing better on the market than Orbs!

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
Thermaltake is not that bad. Where I live you can find only standard Coolermaster HSFs. I had to order via net from Rio de Janeiro to buy a Volcano II. My Duron 800 isn't overclocked but summer temps ar way higher (35-40°C/95-105°F) an CPU hardly goes over 40ºC.