Whacked story of the day

tOKSIK

I think this is the most stoopid ever father in the world :(

thestar.com.my > News
Sunday, September 9, 2001
Father’s joy shattered by tragedy

JOHOR BARU: Cobbler Mohd Supian Mohd Sulong, 22, was excited that his wife was going to deliver in about two months’ time.
However, his joy was shattered on Friday when he not only lost his unborn child but three other children who were left with their mother while he worked at his shoe stall in Jalan Meldrum.

They were left in a car with its engine and air-conditioner running and were unconscious when he returned some three hours later.

They were believed to have inhaled excessive carbon monoxide.

The children were pronounced dead on arrival at the Sultanah Aminah Hospital here at about 6.30pm.

Their mother, 23-year old Izayu Mohd Said, who was seven months’ pregnant, slipped into a coma and has been warded at the hospital’s intensive care unit.

Mohd Supian said he had been working extra hard lately in anticipation of the arrival of another baby girl, whom he had already bought clothes and toys for.

He said doctors told him that the baby had died due to lack of oxygen.

His children, Mohd Shakir, four, Norshazwani, three, and Norshasahnabila, two, were buried at the Bukit Alip Muslim burial ground at Tampoi, near here, at about 3pm yesterday.

About 30 people, mainly relatives and close friends, attended the funeral.

Mohd Supian , from Taman Permas Jaya, said he never thought he could lose all his children by keeping them near him while he worked.

He had left his family in the car, with its engine and air-conditioner running to keep them comfortable, while he attended to his chores at his five-foot-way stall.

“My wife was already in her final trimester. I thought it would be safer for her to follow me to work than stay at home with the children .

“I thought that in case of an emergency I could rush her to the hospital which is just 1km away from my stall.

“That was not the first time she waited for me in the car. But previously, I checked on them every now and then to see if they needed food or drinks.

“However, Friday was a busy day for me and I worked for three straight hours. I thought they would be all right with the bread and mineral water I bought them at around 3pm,” he said, when met at the mortuary yesterday.

The car was parked just metres away from his stall. When he found them unconscious at about 5.30pm , he tried to rush them to the hospital but was caught in a traffic jam at Jalan Trus.

In desperation, he stepped out and yelled for help.

A swimming instructor came to his help by performing CPR on the children but failed to revive them.

The family was later rushed to the hospital in a van.
:retard:

Heres the ori link