weird guests

K

krusty

I think some of our guest visitors are web crawlers, you know.. the search engine bots.

I've been tracking them for a few days and they all seem to view the same posts at the same times, or end up in some weird part of the site.

Any thoughts?

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
What were they looking for when so many go to "Fear, buy some more tissues?" lol

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Yeah....me and s4 have been observing this oddity for some time now.
So you're saying some of our guests aren't really real??? :scared:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I have a link to that thread up in one of my IRC channels, #enterprise

K

krusty

yeah that's prolly it then, but Ive also seen the who's who thingy report a guest viewing an "unknown location".

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I saw a report about "Unknown location" on the vBulletin forums... it has something to do with being on a page that has no parameter or something like that... but anyways, only admins (iirc) see "Unknown location"...the rest see "Viewing Main Index" - link

K

krusty

ok then...as you were folks... it's just fury's friends (who never join) and somebody lost in our forums.

nothing to see here...move along please.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by krusty
ok then...as you were folks... it's just fury's friends (who never join) and somebody lost in our forums.
Hey, I try :p

K

krusty

nah...the net's a big place prof, some others have the name too, we should sue them, it's the American way. :smash:

fury what IRC channel are you on... or ...how the hell do I find you in there

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, but still we don't have more than 2 pages (outdated I might add) listed... wonder what'd happened if I installed the spider friend hack :D (a backend to the posts that's easy for webcrawlers to parse)