To those who are fortunate enough to have a cable modem...

fury

Administrator
Staff member
That's too bad. :retard:

Now, does this affect all of @Home as in current subscribers around the world are likely to lose their cable connection, or is it just the Excite@Home subscribers? (Or is it the same thing? excite owns @home, right?)

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
Up here in Canada, Rogers buys the service from Excite(which owns @home), so if they went down, I'd have no internet cable. Thats why I stayed on with Sprint (for dial-up service), plus it only costs me $3.00 a month.

Outlaw69

Banned
I have been using @home for about 7 years now and I like it for the most part...except for the the times it goes down for days and days. If they go outta business I'll just have to use Bell Sympatico High Speed telephone internet, actually I've been thinking of using it more and more lately..since I saw it in action at a buds house the other day.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
the good news about this is that dialup users won't be affected... actually they might be, positively.

When all the cable people lose their cable connections and have to use dialup, us people who've been using dialup forever can now exact our revenge on the ex-cablers', laughing in their faces as they get to wait just as long as we do for pages and movies and mp3s to download, and the ex-cablers will become so depressed and will suffer so badly from withdrawal that they will shoot themselves :retard:

MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

br0ck

Originally posted by fury
the good news about this is that dialup users won't be affected... actually they might be, positively.

When all the cable people lose their cable connections and have to use dialup, us people who've been using dialup forever can now exact our revenge on the ex-cablers', laughing in their faces as they get to wait just as long as we do for pages and movies and mp3s to download, and the ex-cablers will become so depressed and will suffer so badly from withdrawal that they will shoot themselves :retard:

MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ya, but I won't get affected, so you can still su(k my cable modem balls. lol :D

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
Originally posted by fury

MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

You sick sick man!

Don't hate us 'cause we live in an area that has internet on cable.
Anyway if cable did go down, I think I'd be forced to do the same as Outlaw and support Bell Canada.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Fuser Man

You sick sick man!

Don't hate us 'cause we live in an area that has internet on cable.
Anyway if cable did go down, I think I'd be forced to do the same as Outlaw and support Bell Canada.

Oh dear god, not Bell Canada! Anything but Bell Canada! :rolleyes:

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Verizon does not offer DSL in my area. :cry:
...and when I cheacked the avaiability of ATT DSL, it said this ---->
The system is currently down or otherwise unavailable.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH :cry:

patweb

Eater of Hot Peppered Steak
The death of broadband! Arghhh.....

Hopefully DSL will be in my area before @home dies, or maybe someone bigger will swoop them up (anyone see the article in PC Mag about Juno thinking about REQUIRING users to allow Juno to sell THIER processor power ala Seti as a means to create revenue, going as far as to REQUIRE a 24-hour connection!)

Anyway, they already hiked up the prices twice on me. Wonder how they could be doing that bad? Another case of GREEDY and OVERREACHING management is likely the underlying cause.

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
You own't get to laugh at all us here in Canada fury (atleast Toronto) because like Fuser said we'll just turn to Symatico High Speed and it costs the same as @Home so it won't be a financial burden either. (Atleast not anymore than Rogers is)