Schwarzenegger considers governor role

S

s4

[QUOTEURL=http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/Movies/02/08/schwarzenegger.ap/index.html]
LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- The big guy from Austria likes the sound of California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger. Pumping political iron will have to wait awhile, though, while the actor revisits roles as the world's favorite cyborg from the future and a family man-superspy.

A Republican booster and organizer for inner-city youth programs, Schwarzenegger said he considered running for governor this year but put his political career on hold to shoot "Terminator 3: The Rise of the Machines." He hopes to follow that up with a "True Lies" sequel.

"For the next few years, I will be busy with show business and movies, and then I can rethink the whole thing later on," Schwarzenegger said in an interview. "I don't like what I see in the leadership. I think I can do better than them in many cases. That's what gives me the enthusiasm to do something like that down the line, and it's a fun thing to shoot for."
[/QUOTEURL]

Read the full story at the link above. I wouldn't vote for this guy. He already admitted that he cares more about his movie making than actually trying to do something to improve the state. Anyone that wants to put their own interests ahead of the voters doesn't deserve to be elected. That is why there are so many people in politics that shouldn't be in the first place.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
the Terminator said:
"For the next few years, I will be busy with show business and movies, and then I can rethink the whole thing later on,"

He answers that complaint right there. As long as we don't rewrite the Constitution for him.

S

s4

I was under the impression that Arnold was born in a foreign country. If this is true and he can run for governor then new legislation needs to be passed that only natural citizens that were born in the US can hold an office of that level.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
The only office that cannot be held by a naturalized citizen is the President. The others, I believe, have time limits on how long you are here, but once you're legal, it's done. And what's a naturalized Honduran Governor gonna do with South Dakota, guve it to Nicaragua?:eyebrow: