Rolling Bones at it again

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
I saw them during the Some Girls tour. Even sipped champagne & told dirty jokes with Keith & Bill after the show. That said, shouldn't these geezers sit down & remember not to trust anyone over 30.

Rolling Stones to Announce New Tour Next Tuesday
Thu May 2, 5:55 PM ET
By Dean Goodman

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The Rolling Stones plan to drop in from the sky next week to announce their first tour in three years, a U.S. government official said on Thursday.

The veteran British rockers will commandeer a blimp and cruise into Van Cortlandt Park, New York City's third largest park, in the northwestern Bronx, on Tuesday at about 12:45 p.m. EDT. The site's wide open spaces, used for football and cricket matches, make it a practical landing area.

An official at the Federal Aviation Administration told Reuters that Stones operatives had sought permission "and we're trying to accommodate that request," although he did not think there would be a problem. Stones publicist Fran Curtis declined to comment about the blimp plan as did city park officials.

Similarly, details of the North American tour are being kept under wraps. Unconfirmed speculation has focused on a tour of indoor arenas in the fall. Gary Bongiovanni, editor of concert trade publication Pollstar, said indoor shows are more lucrative than stadiums as overhead is lower and groups can charge higher prices to patrons who prefer more comfortable surroundings.

greenfreak

It just seems sad to me. I was never a big fan of the Stones, although I do like some of their stuff. I think it's time for them to retire.

Ever see that movie 'Almost Famous'? A new manager comes in to pitch himself and he says "If you think that Mick Jagger will still be doing the whole rock star thing at age fifty, well, then, you are sorely, sorely mistaken." :laugh:

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Go sit down you old geezers

The tour will begin on Sept. 5 at CMGI Field, a new football stadium outside Boston. The North American leg will cover 32 dates before ending in Mexico City in February.

The tour will rev up again in June 2003 as the band journeys to Europe, Australia and the Far East, including what the group hopes will be their first show in China.

Jagger said that opening acts booked so far include Sheryl Crow and No Doubt with others to be announced at a later date

Clear Channel has teamed up with music retail chain Sam Goody to launch "getAccess," a rewards program that allows fans to buy two tickets for one show on the tour, which begins on Sept. 5 in Boston.

GetAccess members will be able to purchase seats as early as May 8 for shows in the first four markets of Boston, Chicago, Philadelphia and New York. Tickets will not be available to the general public for Boston and Chicago until May 11, Philadelphia until May 18 and New York until May 13.

Individual membership is $60 and nontransferable. Fans who want more than two Stones tickets must buy new memberships, and there is no guarantee that they will get the best seats, Hearne said.
mdf26988.jpg

greenfreak

They all look terrible. I don't know how they sound these days because I'm not a big fan. But I think it's embarrassing that they keep touring.

alex

GF, you poor misguided little thing you. I recently purchased their Bridges to Babylon tour DVD and I can't stop listening to it. It's like a whole different band. The music is so much better quality than what you hear on the radio. I am going to try to get tickets for this tour cause it may be their last. The Stones put on one helluva concert :band: