Power Hours

S

s4

[QUOTEURL=http://abcnews.go.com/sections/living/MensHealth/menshealth_115.html]Common theme: Where there's chaos, there's stress. Where there's order, there's beer. [/QUOTEURL]

That says it all. :D

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Your personal periscope isn't the only thing to rise a couple of hours before you wake up.

...a couple of.......... hours???:eek2:

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
I'm pretty stressed right now; my temp agency hates to pay me and I wrote out a $1k check for school last week. Online checking shows it's been paid but now my account is -$48 (including a nice bounce fee so I guess it didn't go through). Ever since 9/11 I have had a hellish time getting paid for my job. It's not like I use a small bank or anything; the last time I checked Chase was a fricking huge bank...

I hope I have enough money to get home tonight (rummages through $2 in wallet)! :mad:

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I could be wrong about this, but, I think if they are showing your balance as -$48 then they went ahead and paid the check. Otherwise I think your acct would show +almost 1k. You should prolly call the bank to make sure. At least you can not fret about school. And the bank can just wait for their greedy money grubbing bounce fee.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
That's what I'm hoping; when I was out in CA, Wells Fargo would always clear the check even if it would negate my account (assuming if I had been regularly depositing checks). But the two times I've bounced checks since I've signed with Chase, they've taken out the money only to put it back a day or two later, citing insufficient funds...

Whatever, I don't really care. Just irks me to find out the hard way I'm not getting paid. Especially after two weeks ago they assured me everything was taken care of when $1,000+ of checks were being held and no one knew where the hell my money was!:lurk:

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
You really need to call the bank. Especially if you have direct deposit and they aren't paying out on it. When I had direct deposit I signed a paper that said the money would be deposited by a certain time. (Midnight Thur, I think) but if the money isn't getting deposited through no fault of yours, then you should not be held responsible for the overdraft fees. If your employer is not depositing the money when they agreed to, they should eat the fees....and if the bank is holding out of state checks (or something of that nature) they can damn well verify the funds on that check are available instead of charging you....if you don't wanna call the bank, gimme the info, I'll call 'em...you'll have a platinum card when I'm done with 'em. :D

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Thanks anyway Q :love: I have good ol auntie :whip: on the case; I think part of the problem is the Chase bank I set up my account doesn't exist anymore (thanks to events on 9/11). I don't know why that would be a problem but maybe it is.

Interesting enough, I was about to be hired full-time by Merrill Lynch in late September; now I read an article this morning that they're trying to get 65,000+ people to retire early or accept severance packages. Wonder if I'll be next. :confused:

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Oh, now I get it. The bank you opened the acct at got mowed down by terrorists, so now they're gonna rebuild it $30.00 at a time with your money. Banks are like that. :mad:

Hopefully the people they are trying to get to retire were near retirement anyway and they are just trying to keep jobs available to the younger people in their work force, like you. *crosses fingers*

Tell Auntie not to back down till that damn bank is a broken, bleeding, sniveling mess. :D

trinity1

1 of 3
Originally posted by Huge
Thanks anyway Q :love: I have good ol auntie :whip: on the case; I think part of the problem is the Chase bank I set up my account doesn't exist anymore (thanks to events on 9/11). I don't know why that would be a problem but maybe it is.

Well Huge, Chase Bank will just have to re-establish your account of 25........30..........45 thousand dollars.
Yeah that's it!! That's the ticket!!!
(said in a Jon Lovitz voice from SNL!):laugh: