No more ICQ

fury

Administrator
Staff member
OK, so I'm uninstalling ICQ, right? (by the way, this time it's for ****ing GOOD)

(And yes, you read that correctly)

LO AND BEHOLD IT CRASHED MY COMPUTER BEFORE FINISHING THE UNINSTALL! GOOD GOING, ICQ!

Anyways, you can reach me through this board or the other usual venues, aka irc.enterthegame.com #xibase or by emailing me at [email protected] [email protected] or [email protected]

BigDadday

Everday People
Just one more reason I uninstalled it as I had problems as well and had heard stories about being able to be hacked etc etc. BD

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Wow! So I'm not out of my mind? I'm not the only one who sees behind all the lies, and sees that ICQ is good for nothing?

BD, have you tried IRC? I like it a lot better than ICQ and I think it's a whole lot easier and more stable.

BigDadday

Everday People
Not yet but am waiting till I get maybe DSL this up and coming year. No Your not the only one who doesn't care for it as I know of a few who swear against it but then there are the ones who like it so it's a wash for us and finding an alternative is the best we can do I guess.l8r BD

BigDadday

Everday People
Originally posted by jopes
wahhhh.

You whine more than my kids :p

I think there's a difference between whining like your children and just stating a fact or giving an opinion as I take it your one of the ones who happens to like it. NP glad it works fine for you and hope it keeps working that way. BD :beerchug:

S

s4

Originally posted by fury
Wow! So I'm not out of my mind? I'm not the only one who sees behind all the lies, and sees that ICQ is good for nothing?

BD, have you tried IRC? I like it a crapload better than ICQ and I think it's a whole lot easier and more stable.

I used ICQ2000b last night, and it worked perfectly. A couple of ads is no reason to avoid upgrading to the newer version.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
You will install it again after a couple of days when you start missing me and get desperate. So why wait, just put it back now. :smash:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Me no use MSN Messenger or ICQ (any version) :smash:

Only use AIM to talk to a hot chick, and that's about it :sex:

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
You wanna know what I think? Ok, here's what I think... half the problems are due to that crap-ass 28.8 modem...not all the problems, cuz icq does do some flakey stuff...but a stable connection would help alot. And another thing..I think you are mad now, but you will miss me before too long and when that happens you won't be able to install that bad boy fast enough..that's what I think :D xoxoxoxoxoxo

fury

Administrator
Staff member
If some of the problems were related to my connection, then why am I not having the problems now? :rolleyes:

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Don't you think you should have zeroed in on the missing me part instead of the freak technical difficulties? hmmmm??? :cry2:

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Windows-just about everything works with it, but you get a few thoudands BSODs,
Linux-Nothing works with it unless you're a programming wonder.
AOL-sux.
Your particular ISP-there is something bad, but it beats not getting online or using AOL.
Macintosh-Works great for graphics & other assorted goodies, but it went the way of Beta(vhs type format)-greed ruled & killed it.
ICQ/AIM/IRC/etc-not everybody likes the same stuff, that's why there are choices-

the point is, if you don't like it, don't use it. But there are consequences to every action or inaction-live with them. If the program is a danger to a multitude of users, warn them-knowledge is power, otherwise-kwitcherbitchin. :D

this has been a public service announcement