nForce Review

Kruz

Staff member
With the nForce Chipset ready for prime time, will the K7N420 Pro come through with all the performance promised or will the only thing screaming be the Fire Engine Red color of the PCB?? If you are ready for answers, you're in the right place. Have a seat. . .

Read the rest of it here [H]ardocp

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
Impressive, but how much is going to cost. I heard they are charging and arn and a leg for it. For someone that's going to build a cheap and simple machine it may become too expensive, as for the hardcore geek tha wishes to mount an ultimate system the GF MX graphics is somewhat modest, and the perfomance is still far the KT266A.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, I thought the chipset would've performed a LOT better than it did, considering the dual memory bus, but it is still pre-production and it did compete with a chipset that has already been released complete with drivers and all, that's pretty impressive in itself :cool:

Kruz

Staff member
Spose we could wait for the bugs to be ironed out... but by that time a new chipset will waiting around the corner:)

Deanril

Good for system intergrators if the price comes down a bit,because you will want 2 sticks of ram to utilize its performance.

So $150 + and 2 sticks of ram is alot for intergrated solution ,I would look for a all-in-one-wonder ,with lan/modem/audio/vid for that price then it would be worth it.

Performnce is good ,except held back if you think about it. The X-Box has a GF3 Core ,and the Nforce is derived from the X-Box archetecture,so they could have put theGF3 Core in very easily ,instead of the GF2-MX and wow they would have had something.

Now they have the highest performing intergrated solution,But ATI and SIS are right around the corner with competition in this market ,will be interesting to see what they come up with ,my money is on SIS ,cheap effective and reliable =SIS.

But for their first chipset its good,but how stable ect????