My Cool New Toy

Kruz

Staff member
This is what I use to take precise temp readings with. it's a infrared thermomater with a laser pointer for accuracy...

Attachments

• jan05_01.jpg
    jan05_01.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 56

Kruz

Staff member
You pull the trigger and it sends out a pinpoint laser beam.. the temp is taken at the point of the laser dot....

Attachments

• jan05_05.jpg
    jan05_05.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 55

Kruz

Staff member
it has a backlit display ,but it's hard to see with the flash from the camera

Attachments

• jan05_03.jpg
    jan05_03.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 56

Kruz

Staff member
here is the spec sheet for it

Attachments

• specs.jpg
    specs.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 56

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Damn Kruz, very nice. Im glad winter has arived here. I no longer have to worry about my comp getting to hot. I sit infront of our patio door and get all the coolness i need. Makes life grand.:D

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I'm guessing to check the temperatures of places that there are no built-in mobo sensors to check. Am I right? Or do you just like to play with the cool laser-temperature-checker? :D

Kruz

Staff member
I find more uses for it every day..
for instance... at work *I'm an auto tech*.. I can tell which cylinder is misfiring instantly by pointing it at each exhaust port..(the lower temp one is misfiring).
I can tell at what temp the thermostat opens at, just by pointing it at the rad hose.
I can tell if a radiator is working good ,or partially plugged up.. by pointing around.
or if the catalytic convertor is plugged up.by measuring the temp in front and behind the converter(should be at least 100degs hotter behind the converter).
It cuts down on diagnostic time for me and money spent by you (the customer).
Same goes for A/C and Heating problems.

Computer uses.. well I bet you can think of a few yourself:)
It may have been expensive but it's already paid for itself in time saving diagnosis....

I'm waiting for this to be my new toy: :)

CBR954RR_07.jpg

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure I understand.. you use the laser pointer to help diagnose problems? How, just by checking the temperature?