Labor Day

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Labor Day, the first Monday in September, is a creation of the labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country.

That's us peons. YEA for us...

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Yeah yeah yeah. Gonna go to a big picnic/party over at my boss's house. We started out today at work with a few Mike's Hard Lemonade's. :D Anyone else's boss treat their employees like this? :D :D

leslie

and the day after Labour Day is.... drumroll............

THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :smash: :headbang:

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
It means that these kids are back in school :spin: so I can lose the eyes in the back of my head wondering what they're into now.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Ohhh yes. Away child. Time to feel the pain you have caused me these last three months. :D :lol:

The only porblem is, my oldest and youngest want to go to school. :/

Professur

Mushroom at large
V2,0 went back Thursday. How's that for stupid? sending the kids back to school 2 days before a long weekend. Retards.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Well, they did have a long summer. Although, it does put a bit of a damper on the last long weekend vacations. :(

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
mine returned to school on the 19th of Aug. whatever happened to SUMMER vacation?

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
DAMN! My brats, I mean kids, would throw a mutiny if they had to go back that early. With the current budget problems this state is going through, they're looking into shorting the school year as it is. Out school district has a $12M budget. $7M of that goes to pay/benifits for those "wonderfully talented" teachers. No wonder they don't have enough money......

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
School started on the 12th of August here.

I'm the one giving the party here. I fugure 6-7 couples with their 1 YO's will be here, plus unclehobart. WIth that many adults, there's always at least three with both eyes on the pool...

flavio

superfly
Staff member
puddy tat said:
I just like labor day because if I work it is time and a half and it means fall is around the corner.

You get excited for fall?

I am jobless right now. So I'm not sure what to think of labor day this year.