it's finally on the way ...

nalani

blahblahphreakingblah
after months and months and months of battling with the powers that think they be, I will finally be receiving my equipment for my computer and multimedia lab!

2 servers, 1 AV puter, 20 iBooks, 2 color printers, 1 laserjet b&w printer, 2 scanners, 1 digital camcorder, 1 digital still, media converter, 2-60GB external HDs, projector, wireless base station .... WOOHOO!!!!!!!

oh my gawd ... *feeling overwhelmed* ... I am now responsible for the maintenance and safety of tens of thousands of dollars in equipment .... who the hell trusted me with this job????? :D

and yes, to answer the questions y'all have in your mind, it's a Mac Lab ... yep .. that's right ... a Mac Lab ... please wait til tomorrow to crack comments on the Mac and let me have my day in the sun ... even though it's overcast outside :)

S

s4

The thought of a mac lab fightens me. I was in one of those a long time ago and started feeling strange. There is a negative energy in the universe. It was like matter meeting anti-matter.:D

[I hope ya know I was kiddin']:worm:

unclehobart

this is my special title
I'd be the one sitting in the Mac lab going ...'teach? ... my keyboard doesn't have a Windows button ... what gives?'

S

s4

Yeah and why don't it have the Windows logo on the start button? And while were at it, where is the start button?:scared:

nalani

blahblahphreakingblah
*sniff* only D5 understands me ....

*looking at the drizzle that ku'u is referring to* ... yeah .. actually, it was supposed to be here in September, remember? :lurk:

greenfreak

Na, doesn't a Mac keyboard have that thing that looks like a four leaf clover on it? I thought that was the Mac version of a 'windows key'...? I haven't worked on a Mac in a loooong time.

Congrats and good luck with it!

I worked a lot on Macintoshes. I find them very pleasant to work with.
Only annoying thing that they are unwilling to change is that darn 1-button mouse :mad:

That mouse really gives me the creeps, always clicking on the sides, without making any difference....:(

nalani

blahblahphreakingblah
Shadowfax said:
I worked a lot on Macintoshes. I find them very pleasant to work with.
Only annoying thing that they are unwilling to change is that darn 1-button mouse :mad:

That mouse really gives me the creeps, always clicking on the sides, without making any difference....:(

:D ... they do make two-button mouses for Macs now ... I personally prefer the Wacom Tablet and Mouse cause there are no wires and I need the pen and tablet for graphic stuff ...

greenfreak - the apple button isn't used like the windows button anymore .. it's more like the alt button on a PC ... you use it in conjuction with other buttons for shortcut commands ...

kuulani

nalani said:
:D ... they do make two-button mouses for Macs now ... I personally prefer the Wacom Tablet and Mouse cause there are no wires and I need the pen and tablet for graphic stuff ... [/B]

I hate that tablet ... i like the one they had at my former office better, can't remember what it was though.

nalani

blahblahphreakingblah
Neo said:
A mac lab??? do you happen to have a Dr. Frakenmac working there?:D :D :D

nope .. but when we were watching "A Knight's Tale", ku'u said that if we lived in medievil times, my name would be "Nalani VonTechiestein" :D

BigDadday

Everday People
Well Im happy for you and in all honesty have never even tried a mac so don't know much about them except what I hear and read so I will just remain happy for you nalani and hpe your happy.BD:scared:

Inkara1

You might like the journalism computer lab at Fresno State then, it has 20 or so blueberry iMacs in it.

kuulani

BigDadday said:
Well Im happy for you and in all honesty have never even tried a mac so don't know much about them except what I hear and read so I will just remain happy for you nalani and hpe your happy.BD:scared:

once you get over the mindset that macs are evil, you'll have fun with 'em! (I promise ) :D

kuulani

btw, if you guys don't see nalani here for awhile, her "babies" came in, and she's dissapeared *poof*

nalani, where are you? come out and eat sometimes, will ya? :D

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Macs were fun when other companies beside Apple made them (ie. Power Computing, etc.). AFAIK, my bro's ex-girlfriend who has a office full of Macs (and a few PCs that I helped setup) and that one clone never seemed to have any problems.

Of course, that was years ago, and for all I know it could be rotting in some garbage dump in Alameda. Nah, probably not; she's a treehugger! ;)