I bet you've never had this problem

flavio

superfly
Staff member
I work at night in downtown San Francisco and I was leaving to go home at 6:00am this morning and when trying to get out the front door of my work I find that someone has decided to bed down for the night up against the front door of our building.

He had a cardboard box on the ground underneath him and a blanket. There was also a folded wheelchair next to him.

Well his body was up against the glass door preventing me from opening it. I couldn't leave. So I started pushing on the door a little and yelling to him that I had to get out. He wouldn't wake up. So I yelled louder and pushed harder and he wouldn't get up. After about 10 minutes of this all I had got out of him were a few grunts.

The only other way for me to get out would have been to go back up to my floor and then out the back way and if I did that I wouldn't be able to set the alarm. I'd probably get in trouble for leaving the office unprotected so I screamed at him some more.

Finally a security guard from a building next door came over and pulled the guy out a couple feet so I could squeeze through the door.

I really hope the guy doesn't try to make it a regular spot.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
That's one of the things I don't miss from SF. NY is bad enough but SF is worse with homelessness.

How BART running flav? Still breakdowns in the tubes?

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Originally posted by Outlaw69
i really didn't appreciate you waking me up like that asshole.
I thought I told you not to go traipsing off to SF after you got a few beers in ya. :smash:

flavio

superfly
Staff member
Originally posted by Huge
That's one of the things I don't miss from SF. NY is bad enough but SF is worse with homelessness.

How BART running flav? Still breakdowns in the tubes?

I think the climate is better here for the homeless. Personally, if I was in that situation I would walk to SanDiego or something.

BART only ever brakes down if you're in a huge hurry. I usually drive though, at night it takes me 20 minutes.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
I lived in Venice Beach for about a year & we had lots of homeless. The worst thing that happened to us was some hungry mofo took our Smokey Joe(LIT-with chicken on it) from our porch one night. It was funny as hell-except we were 3 days from payday & had nothing else in the house. But. like I told my wife, anyone ballsy enough to take a lit grill with food on it must be hungrier than we are.