Help moi, s'il vous plait!!!!!

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
Why.... oh WHY!!!

When I pull up the window that shows me what programs I have running, does it say I have all kinds of shit I didn't know I had? Or use? (I think)?

Ok... for example...

I have 2 "RUNDLL32"'s??
a "Cnbabe"??? huh??
"Ezulamain"??
"Qttask"

Let's see... what else... oh ya... "Loadqm"?

What is all this shit?

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Rundll32 are Winsystem shit

Ezulamain is installed from an install program that was downloaded
into the Windows directory. The install program, eZulains.exe, is
then executed by some means or the other. The install process
usually creates an eZula directory in the programs directory on the
c: disk. This results in a c:\Program Files\eZula directory, where
the ezula program components are stored.

The eZula package can be un-installed through the Windows control
panel Add/Remove programs option, or by running the unwise.exe
program in the eZula directory. In addition, the eZulains.exe
program can be deleted from the Windows folder. Then, any left
over pieces can be removed by deleting the Ezula directory from
the Program Files directory. ncs info

Quick Time Task Qttask.exe System Tray access to Apple's "Quick Time" viewer from version 5 onwards. Not required

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Spirit, do you not want this stuff running or just want to know what the stuff is??

A bunch of stuff puts itself in your start up, but you don't really need it there. If you want to get rid of it do this:
Start>Run>type msconfig. On the general tab make sure selective start up is checked, go to start up tab and uncheck the stuff you don't want. Make sure you LEAVE task monitor, scan reg and system tray( you only need two of those, but I can never remember which two)...and I leave my antivirus stuff checked. Reboot.
I have something called PTSNOOP in one of my puters as well, I don't know what this is, but it sounds bad. I even removed it from the registry, but it comes back anyway. So whenever I reboot that sucker I hit ctrl+alt+del and end task on it. :mad::D

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
here's the last one-
To prevent LoadQM from starting with MSN explorer:
Click on Help and Settings>>Privacy>>Service Quality Monitoring.
Uncheck the box for "Send quality monitoring information".
Click the Change Now button.
Reboot.

It should be disabled. or go thru msconfig

using msconfig is a good way to monitor what is running, just don't uncheck things until you're sure they aren't neededotherwise you end up like Q, crashing networks & other asssorted odddities:p

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Listen Mr. Knowitall, I did not crash my network cuz I unchecked stuff from msconfig. First the router was broke. It arrived that way. Next it was under attack from Florida Power and Light, who incedentally also managed to murder my HDD. And C.) she does not have a network, so crashing it by altering msconfig is a moot point....don't make me hafta bite you.:chomping smilie:

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
...just keeping in profile with my profile:D not just anybody can be called a pitbull and live up to the reputation. :D..also, I have cramps.

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
Originally posted by Q
...just keeping in profile with my profile:D not just anybody can be called a pitbull and live up to the reputation. :D..also, I have cramps.

and I have to co-mod with this!

I know, I know......**gets back in corner**

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Fuser...don't make me have to bite you AND have to break out the muzzle.

Jeez, how much warning is required around here anyway? The next time you see pitbull and cramps in the same train of thought...well, here's a little hint: TURN TAIL AND RUUUUNNNNN!!!! ...no more warnings will be provided :smash:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
GAAH!!!

:scared: :eek: :eek2: :o

i have a weird 'thing' for pitbulls...hmm..wanna go make out?:sex: