Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
I refuse to read it, pics or not. I can't afford to go shopping:shrug:

I'm so broke, I can't even pay attention:fart:

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
No story, just a PR. Check out nVidia's website for more info. Should be officially out on the 12th or so.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
This just in! nVidia developing yet another new product to their Geforce3 line of video cards! Sources close to nVidia say the codename is the NV-DESPERATE and the product should be priced approximately 300% higher but only perform 1% faster than the Platinum Titanium Geforce3 Super Mega Ultra, their current flagship!

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
:lol:

It's good to be the king, but nVidia better make something completely new soon...

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Agreed. They need to bite the bullet like AMD did vs. Intel and recede into R&D for a while, designing a completely new architecture chock full of good features. ATi got to this first, has a good lead in the video/dvd/etc features area and now they're concentrating on performance. nVidia went straight after the performance, virtually ignoring the video feature area.

Well, performance isn't everything, as 3dfx found out the hard way. ATi is finally catching up on the performance area, and there is no doubt the new Radeon is going to edge out the Geforce3 in most if not all tests. On top of that, it is more feature-rich and with better visual quality than the Geforce3.

They may not like hearing it, but IMO nVidia is not going to win this one by ramping up clock speeds, like they do with all their products when competition comes around. Ring a bell? Hello?

3dfx announces the Voodoo3 to compete with the TNT2, WHAM. TNT2 Ultra.

ATi announces the Radeon (originally named Radeon 256) to combat the Geforce 256's lead, BAM. Geforce DDR/Geforce 2.

ATi Radeon 8500 vs. Geforce3? Thank you ma'am, Geforce3 Titanium 500! :smash: