I think I see my house:spin:

Attachments

• earth (home).jpg
    earth (home).jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 41

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Kinda humbling seeing that little dot, but like the page said, we are the only planet in explored space that is able to harbor life (at least, carbon-based oxygen breathing life). I think we have a right to be at least a little arrogant about that, don't you think?

I think the only time people are going to keep killing each other and being so territorial is when an extraterrestrial race comes and teaches us a lesson, that we should cherish that which we are given, which is a large and beautiful planet.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Originally posted by fury
I think the only time people are going to keep killing each other and being so territorial is when an extraterrestrial race comes and teaches us a lesson, that we should cherish that which we are given, which is a large and beautiful planet.

I saw that Star Trek movie too:laugh: and I agreed with it & you

Is anyone still crunching SETI WU's around here, or am I the only one still around?

Genome seems to have taken a lot of former-SETI crunchers...:cry2:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I stopped crunching seti a long time ago because they made you do 50-75% more work for absolutely no reason other than to alleviate their bandwidth usage.

Are you sure about that? I thought that was because they were searching more different kind of things....got have missed something I guess....:(

fury

Administrator
Staff member
That may not be the main reason why they did it but it does have some place in there, because they were using approximately 30% of the university's bandwidth or something. In my opinion it IS useless work that is done for absolutely no good reason and that's why I now crunch Genome :) (one of the added benefits is that Genome by default uses a low (idle) priority, so I can still use the computer while crunching)

To see what I'm up against, check out this page. The S.S. Flurffmeister is at #16 on the Hellspawns and #226 overall in the project. The team standing is likely to drop to #17 soon due to jodie doing more genome production in one day than I can do in a week :eek:, but I will shortly thereafter be back up to #16, following my passing of Maxout :D