copernic search engine

a13antichrist

Moderator from Hell
I'm not totally familiar with the program. Care to provide a rundown, in terms of usability compared to Google?

S

s4

Coppernic is a good program, but Google is better in my opinion. The only thing I don't like about it is that it has a built in browser. I'd rather that it communicated back and fourth with my regular web browser which is IE 5.5 as a default. The other thing is the Coppernic never seems to find exactly what I am looking for when I use it. Google does.

WebFerret Pro is a great program too but the freeware version of WebFerret sucks. It's too bad the pro version doesn't have a trial version. I used WebFerret for years before they screwed it up by making changes in newer versions. I would actually buy WebFerret Pro if it were in a local computer store, but I don't like to buy software directly on the web.

a13antichrist

Moderator from Hell
Local search engines as a concept seem sort of bizarre.. might see if I can hunt down a copy of this WebFerret though & see what people think..

S

s4

The pro version of Webferret is great, but it uses a serial that is verified by their server to make sure it is a legit copy. The freeware version uses a redirect to their site before going to the site you are looking for. It also has an annoying frame that sucks when viewing sites. The pro version doesn't have these things.

Coppernic is probably the best bet as a freeware program. I downloaded another freeware program called Search+ from Webattack.com. It's a good program, but it has a couple of bugs.

a13antichrist

Moderator from Hell
Originally posted by s4
The pro version of Webferret is great, but it uses a serial that is verified by their server to make sure it is a legit copy.

Sounds like something a certain OS designer has tried to implement recently...