ATI tops in US retail graphics board market in 2001

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
NPD Intelect shows ATI with six of 10 top spots in US retail market in 2001

MARKHAM, Ontario, February 27, 2002 –
ATI was the number one retail graphics board supplier in 2001 with 42 per cent market share, according to NPD Intelect’s historical perspective report on the US retail video card market.

In addition to being the top selling vendor in 11 of the 12 months of the year, the report also shows that ATI placed six different cards in the top 10 best selling graphics boards, three of which included ATI’s new RADEON™ technology.

“ATI is pleased with this report and the momentum it shows we have in the US retail graphics board market,” said Kevin McCuaig, Director North American Retail Sales, ATI. “We did it with strong competitive offerings, strong brand recognition, great products and price/performance leadership. It also shows the degree of customer loyalty we enjoy.”

The success of the RADEON products positions ATI well to continue its US retail momentum with new additions to the RADEON family of products, including the RADEON™ 8500, RADEON™ 8500LE, RADEON™ 7500, ALL IN WONDER® RADEON ™ 8500DV and ALL IN WONDER® RADEON™ 7500.

#Rotor

Now only if they would design there shit so we can hook up our shit without having to resort to drastic measures.... :D a couple of realy nicely placed holes will be an awesome start for most of there cards.....

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
This mornings Best Buy ad-Radeon 8500 139(after MIR, of course) 7 GeForce4 T1 $399. Hmmm, I think I'll wait for the G4

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
This mornings Best Buy ad-Radeon 8500 139(after MIR, of course) & GeForce4 T1 $399. Hmmm, I think I'll wait for the G4