Any stamp collectors out there?

S

s4

[QUOTEURL=http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/10/02/rec.patriotic.stamp/index.html]WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The U.S. Postal Service unveiled a new patriotism stamp called "United We Stand" Tuesday, three weeks after the World Trade Center and the Pentagon attacks. [/QUOTEURL]

S

s4

Yeah, I have a few collected. I like coin collecting, but there are so many tv ads these days selling junk like the John F. Kennedy Jr. coin from Liberia or whatever. I get turned off by those kinds of ads. At least this is an offical stamp put out from a legit source, so it might not be a bad idea to save a few for the heck of it.

AMDnut

Eee equals emcee squared...
I used to, but traded most away for comic books. Same for my coins......
I'll probably get a few and save them though....

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
I did when I was a kid. Mom had a fit and tossed them. I still have a few. The oldest one I have is a 6 cent US Airmail stamp from 1944. My wife has a 1880ish reprint of the Mauritian Blue Penny stamp. I wish it was the orginal 'cause it worth around $20 million.
I also had some comic books when I was a kid. Mom had another fit and tossed them out too. New Mutants #1-#25, all mint. Now I have about 10,000+ hockey cards, the bitch ain't touchin' them!

alex

S4, I agree, never never buy into any of those commercialized coin offers, they charge too much and those colorized coins will never be worth anything. you can purchase directly from the US MINT . But even they have gotten a little pricey lately. The coins you want to buy are the ones that have small mintages.